Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Drs. Cora Ngai or Grace Cheung????

karmah1 is offline Registered User
    Sydney, Australia (but would like to return to HK)
    I was also referred to Dr Cora but I ended up seeing Cora's husband Dr Chan as he had the first available appointment. So far I'm very happy, we clicked on a personality level, he is well-mannered and my husband also likes him. I'm only 17 weeks so have only had a few appointments so far.

princess is offline Registered User
    Dr Grace Cheung delivered my 3rd child a month ago via c-section. She's fantastic, very calm and confident lady. Their charges are not high too. The anaesthetist she recommends is great too! I must say that I recovered very fast under her.

apples is offline Registered User
    I'm seeing Cora Ngai and find her great. Like anyone I think she has her bad days but her competence level is very high as far as I'm concerned. She is very blunt in her approach but I would rather that than wishy washy, especially when it comes to having a baby! She knows what she is talking about and I have come to really like her as I get closer to the due date.

plumtree is offline Registered User
    I had Dr. Grace Cheung as my ob. I went into the Matilda in the evening and finally delivered at about 5am. What I was really impressed by was that, although she was not there by my bedside all throughout, she kept calling in to the midwife to check on things and she was right there at the final stages- unlike some others who leave things to the midwife. She's very matter of fact but her confident manner makes you feel confident too. Admittedly, I didn't have complications, but I'd go back to her again without question.

snagito is offline Registered User
    I agree, Grace Cheung is excellent (delivered our baby last week at Matilda). She is matter of fact but explains anything you want, has a lot of patience, and tons of empathy as well - plus a GREAT sense of humour. I would highly recommend her -- she really does care.

and as princess said, that anaesthetist is brilliant!

walnutlemon is offline Registered User

Dr Grace Cheung or Dr Patrick Chan

I am considering Dr Grace Cheung or Dr Patrick Chan - does anyone have any experience to share? Has anyone seen both and can give an opinion on which one is better? Do you know if they are pro-natural or pro c-section? Any advice is much appreciated.

Have not seen Dr. Chan so I can't comment. I wanted a natural birth anyway, and I got the feeling Dr. Grace prefers natural births unless there's a medical reason to go for a c section. She does not give you the feeling of trying to push you one way or the other really. I just felt pretty relaxed with her and felt my wishes were taken into consideration.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast