Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Drs. Cora Ngai or Grace Cheung????

Mom-2-B is offline Registered User
    Dont go to Cora Ngai.. she was not very nice and does not explain things to you properly.. when i went to her for a checkup and found out my baby's heartbeat stopped beating she was not sympathetic at all.. did not explain to us how this happens just said that 15% of pregnancies end this way as if we should have known this.. told me to go home and wait to bleed out or i can come back if i want the surgery but didnt give us any details or anything on my choices.. when asked if another ultrasound could be done as maybe she could have made a mistake she smiled and said she cant be wrong.. even before this happened though when i was coming for my other checkups she was not very nice too.. she would do her checks just tell us the baby is fine then thats it.. kind of like Lucy Lord but atleast with Lucy she would go into some details with u and explain things so u know wats going on..

gduck is offline Registered User
    I just have to say - if you go to Lucy Lord & Associates in Central it would be worth taking Anna with you - it seems she is luckier than me! I have always had to wait, and the admin frequently mess up the charges & are were always ringing me because they forgot to write things down in their books. (I have stopped going there now).
    I have heard Dr Cheung is very good though.

gigi tan is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by ania8888 View Post
    I have Grace Cheung as my ob-gyn. Had to find a new one after I came from Singapore in Dec. First went to see Fr Ghosh, but personality wise we did not fit. He is very experienced (and I am high risk case with 3 miscarriges history and blood disorder), but but we did not click. Too old hands for me. Kind of seen it all, done it all attitute. I went to Grace as she was recommended. She is matter of fact lady, talks facts, not too much touchy feely, but I feel she knows what she talking about. More my age group, early 40ties I would say. I like she does the scan herself, no nurses fumbling around in he room, as it is so common in other places. Then you get to see a midwife sperately for all the paperwork. The practice at Dr Lucy Lord and Assciates also makes an im pression of a western oasis in HK. Looks organised, effcient, you never waiting too long. Has all the right fixed assets, overall exudes confidence. I also like the way they organised the urine tests, all the gear is in the bathrooms already, so you do it before you go and see a doc. More dignified than rummbling through the public corridors at so many other places back to the clinic and handing over a small bottle to the receptionist!

Cannot really comment on Dr Grace Cheung as to the actual birth handling. She told me that her C section stats is 10%, so I reckon not too bad for Hong Kong doctors. I am now in 27 week and still waiting for a bed at Matilda evcen though she is resident doc there.

Good luck with your choice. In the end it is a very personal matter, and much more to do with perceptions and attitutes, and our expectations of what a doctor should be.

Anna
    Hi Ania, had tried to pm you but somehow can't get thru. Need to ask u some qns.I am from Singapore too and have had a miscarriage. Now just arrived in HK accompanying my hubby who's here to work. Don't mind could you contact me at [email protected]? Thx!

gigi tan is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by metaxic View Post
    lucy lord and associates is a great medical centre, as for as dr grace cheung is concerned i wouldn't recommend her to anyone.
    i saw her as a recommendation for my yearly pap smear (not pregnant) and she had terrible bedside manner and i left the consultation in tears.
    central health practice is a great clinic though, shame about dr grace cheung. when i am pregnant there is no way i'd go near her with a 10 foot pole. the woman is horrible
    hmm that bad? so far i've scoured the forum and no one ever mentioned bad things about her... Anyone else with experiences with Dr Grace? Thx!

1stimemum is offline Registered User
    hi, on the contrary i just delivered 3 wks ago with Grace and to me anyway, she just felt like a great fit. I went for my 1st visit with Lucy Lord and I felt she was too clinical for me.

Grace is also very matter of fact and Central Health is so ridiculously popular that you end up waiting all the time for both doctors so thats another consideration.

But again, i had a wonderful experience with Grace and if I had another (NOT LIKELY, I"m done with ONE!!! ) i would definitely go to her.

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    I had Grace for my second baby and would recommend her. Not sure what kind of experience metaxic had with her but I saw her all through my pregnancy and liked her bedside manner. She was very positive and relaxed and answered all my questions. I never felt rushed. And the delivery went well too. I had Dr Dawkins first time around and really liked him but he had left HK by the time of my second. Dr Grace was a nice alternative.

jackpot is offline Registered User
    DO NOT USE CORAL Ngai.

I did some pre-prenatal tests in her clinic, and guess what the results were correct but interpretation was completely wrong. I had a high TSH, and she suggested me to take less thyroid hormone medication. Later, I found out I should take extra medication. This is a serious negligence incidence and she should not practice anymore.

Sunshineonly is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by gigi tan View Post
    Hi Ania, had tried to pm you but somehow can't get thru. Need to ask u some qns.I am from Singapore too and have had a miscarriage. Now just arrived in HK accompanying my hubby who's here to work. Don't mind could you contact me at [email protected]? Thx!

Hello Lady, I am going to see Dr Grace Cheung in middle of this month. i will share with you afterward. :)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast