Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Drs. Cora Ngai or Grace Cheung????

mushi is offline Registered User

Drs. Cora Ngai or Grace Cheung????

guess what!
    my gynac, dr. sally fergusson is going to be on leave during my due date!! so she has suggested Dr. Cora Ngai or Dr Grace Cheung .....i am clueless about both of them but would like someone with the same temperament as sally...i.e. patient, warm and basically understanding while she is also very experienced....i would want a normal delivery only ....so pls. share yr experiences to help me take this decision.

Seb's Dad is offline Registered User
    hi
    cora ngai delivered my children and she is fantastic. she has excellent english language skills, so if your first language is english you need not worry about a language barrier, and she is extremely dedicated to a mum's wishes and making them work in the labour room.

she has extensive experience in high risk situations - she was part of the extremely well regarded high risk unit at the queen mary hospital for many years so if something were to go wrong in the pregnancy, you can be sure she would detect it, AND if there was a problem in delivery, she can give a fantastic caesarean and is calm and cool under scary situations. you would't have to worry about her needing to call in a more experienced colleague - she IS the experienced colleague.

she is sharp, funny and has a good besides manner. she remembers little details from visit to visit.

her office is new and high tech.

if i were to have another child i would definitely go back to her. i like her as a person and as a doctor.

carang is offline Registered User
    cora ngai was part of the team at QMH when i delivered my first(in 2005). from memory she was ok, but as with all drs in the public system, a little over-worked.

Gracie Cheung??

thanks for yr responses.....they do show that Cora Ngai is efficient........but any reactions for Dr. Gracie Cheung.....i heard she is single but she is wonderful with patients and babies alike....any experiences?

ania8888 is offline Registered User
    I have Grace Cheung as my ob-gyn. Had to find a new one after I came from Singapore in Dec. First went to see Fr Ghosh, but personality wise we did not fit. He is very experienced (and I am high risk case with 3 miscarriges history and blood disorder), but but we did not click. Too old hands for me. Kind of seen it all, done it all attitute. I went to Grace as she was recommended. She is matter of fact lady, talks facts, not too much touchy feely, but I feel she knows what she talking about. More my age group, early 40ties I would say. I like she does the scan herself, no nurses fumbling around in he room, as it is so common in other places. Then you get to see a midwife sperately for all the paperwork. The practice at Dr Lucy Lord and Assciates also makes an im pression of a western oasis in HK. Looks organised, effcient, you never waiting too long. Has all the right fixed assets, overall exudes confidence. I also like the way they organised the urine tests, all the gear is in the bathrooms already, so you do it before you go and see a doc. More dignified than rummbling through the public corridors at so many other places back to the clinic and handing over a small bottle to the receptionist!

Cannot really comment on Dr Grace Cheung as to the actual birth handling. She told me that her C section stats is 10%, so I reckon not too bad for Hong Kong doctors. I am now in 27 week and still waiting for a bed at Matilda evcen though she is resident doc there.

Good luck with your choice. In the end it is a very personal matter, and much more to do with perceptions and attitutes, and our expectations of what a doctor should be.

Anna

thank you so much for yr detailed feedback. grace cheung does sound liek someone i would liek to go to.

lmm
    lmm is offline Registered User

Do not use Cora Ngai

I went to see Cora Ngai and was really blown off by her! She was inconsiderate and rude. On top of that, she charged me a lot money for tests I didn't even know what they were for. How can she be a private doctor with such bad manner?!

samiakt is offline Registered User
    It is a strange coincidence but i am also in a similar situtaion where i was informed by Dr Sally yesterday that she is going on leave around my due date. She also recommended Dr Cora or Dr Grace in her absence. I have met with Dr Cora during 2 of my detailed scans and my second experience was not as good as the 1st one. The approach and the way things were handled during my scan that day did not leave much of an impression.
    I am going to see Grace on the 16th for the first time...lets see how it goes.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast