Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Moving to Hong Hong at 7months and looking for a good doctor/hosp to deliver our baby

newresident is offline Registered User

Smile Moving to Hong Hong at 7months and looking for a good doctor/hosp to deliver our baby

We are currently in the process of preparing for our move to Hong Kong. We are two months pregnant and plan to move when we are in month seven of the pregnancy. I do not know any doctors there and would love to get some referrals. Recommendations on hospitals will also be appreciated.

rach is offline Registered User

Hi New resident

Loads of good docs around - Dr Dawkins, Dr Ghosh,
    Dr Sally Ferguson, Lucy Lord,
    Dr Phillip Ho - to name a few - do a search and see what comes up. some of these are very popular so may take a few weeks to get an appt but worth it. I see dr ghosh and think he is great. in terms of hospitals there appears to be some difficulty getting a bed confirmed - lots of babies arriving so you really need to talk to your doc and sort it out. Matilda, Adventist, Canossa or Sanatorim seem to be the main ones but as i said hard ot find a bed!! let me know if you need anymore info. it might be worth seeing one of these docs earlier than 7 months as they are the ones to book you into a hospital - if you are planning a trip before you move that is

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User

Hi- I agree it would be a good idea to book a hospital bed asap....I went for my first dr's visit at 7 wks pregnant and even that early my first choice of hospital was already full for when I am due- the situation with private hospital beds is crazy and I never ahd this problem when my son was born.

I have a confirmed hospital bed but it is ot in my first choice hospital, for that I am waitlisted.

The Matilda is always my first choice hospital!

newresident is offline Registered User

Thank you very much! Your advice is very helpful. We will visit Hong Kong in April to find a place to live, meet with doctors and hopefully meet with preschools for our 2.5 year old boy. I will contact Drs. Sally Ferguson and Lucy Lord and hopefully get a bed in the Matilda. Fingers crossed.

By the way, in terms of residence we are considering Stanley and Midlevels-East. Any advice?

Sleuth is offline Registered User

Another vote for Dr. Ferguson and Matilda. And I think the hospital bed situation is improving since it isn't a Golden Pig year. We had no problem booking into Matilda, although we did do it as soon as we could.
    I'd vote Stanley over Mid-levels, assuming you are working on the island and not across the harbor.