Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Due Date in July - September 08

rachrobin is offline Registered User
    We really want to take a week's holiday before the baby is born - somewhere warm and relaxed (i.e. the opposite of HK at the moment!). Our budget is tight as I am no longer working and have no maternity leave.
    Does anyone have any reccommendations?

shoni is offline Registered User
    The Philippines is nice and cheap and not too far away, also Malaysia, means you dont have to get cramped on a plane for too long.

Hubby and I have just come back from a Europe trip, and the flights there and back were horrid, back ache, swollen feet, stomach swelling to an unbelievable size! So would definitely reccommend short flights.

Off to Malaysia for the weekend next week and can't wait, warm weather at last!:yeah2

mocha is offline Registered User
    i have no mood at all for travelling right before or after giving birth.. so i am not going anywhere.

are you all going to breastfeed your baby? i for sure will. i like this feeling a lot

reei is offline Registered User
    how about going to bangkok or singapore? thailand would be nice. singapore is too similar to hong kong, high rised building and all. or maybe hangzhou, china. i'll be checking out travel package next week.
    besides this, i have also started looking at insurance for my baby. heard that i can only buy insurance for baby, two weeks after she is born. but i am just started checking out the policies now. any good recommendation?
    also, how about a will? who will be the legal guardian for baby, (touch wood!) if something happens to me and my spouse..
    do u think about it?
    i plan to breastfeed my baby,, at least for the first two months when i am on leave.. hopefully, i can.

shoni is offline Registered User
    I hadn't even thought about insurance for the baby, had no idea it even existed! Better start looking to see what it is all about.

Am planning on breastfeeding too, for the first four months or so, will probably start on a bottle once baby breaks it's first teeth - ow!

HangZhou will probably be colder than HK at the mo. Hubby and I work in Dongguan and it is still much colder there than here.

rachrobin is offline Registered User
    Shoni,
    Where abouts in Malaysia are you going? Do you have a travel agent you would reccommend?

happysinglemum is offline Registered User
    Hi to all

I am due september 26th and am very excited . It is my first and I have decided to become a single mum by choice. So after a long process I am happy to say I am going to be a mum!

Am currently seeing Dr Dawkins and have had my 6 week scan and seen the heartbeat.

Would love to get together and meet others to compare experiences.

Any advice that I should know?

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User
    If you are going to travel when pregnant I think it's best to go somewhere with good hospitals and doctors, just in case! You also need to make sure that you have good health insurance that covers maternity care abroad, again just in case.

With my first pregnancy I didn't fly at all. But with this one, flew long haul at 15 weeks and it was awful.... so much more uncomfortable when pregnant....and didn't help had my toddler asleep on me almost the whole 1o hr flight!

Am hoping breastfeeding is like riding a bike, i.. you never forget! I breastfed my son until ten months when he pretty much weaned himself....am hoping to go to a year with 2nd one.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast