Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Due Date in July - September 08

rachrobin is offline Registered User
    Hi Yuukalim,

I am going through the public system but I've had my scans privately so far.
    We went the the HK Prenatal Diagnosis Centre, which is on 2nd Floor, St Georges Building (Icehouse St) in Central. PH. 2877 3280. You see either Dr Macor Wan or Dr Lam Yung Hang - both have good reputations for all testing and scans. You also get printed photos of the scans and a DVD to take home. Each scan I had (including the 20 week one) cost about HKD1200. They can also write you a report of their observations for you to give to the public clinic to include in your medical file.

It is a busy clinic - you may have to wait a couple of weeks to get an appointment....

Good luck!

Dreamer is offline Registered User
    Hi,

I am due on September 13th and will move to Hong Kong at the end of June. Will be living in Olympic. Are there any mummies there too and can someone give me some good advice on dr and hospital as I am used to the Dutch health system where everything is automatically arranged for you ... I guess Hong Kong means you have to arrange everything by yourself. It is my second by the way. The first one will turn 3 by the end of this month.

kairo is offline Registered User
    Hi all

I'll also be arriving in June, due in Sept!!! Need the same advice as Dreamer!!

rachrobin is offline Registered User

New to Hk Info

Hi Kairo & Dreamer,

Congratulations and welcome.

I believe that in your situation you will need to go through the HK public hospital system. From what I understand, the private hospitals are booked out months in advance. I was pressured into booking no later than 9 weeks into my pregnancy (you can go on a waiting list though). I chose to go through the public system in the end, having my first few scans and antenatal classes privately.

You can, however, see a private doctor for antenatal care, scans etc. and then deliver in a public hospital. I would reccommend you arrange appointments before you land in HK, as it can take a few weeks to get in to see a doctor if you are a new patient. Other than my previous post, I can't reccommend any - maybe some of the other ladies here can.......

If your company has an HR department, I would reccommend asking them to help you get sorted from the start. You will need an HK ID card to use the public system, or you can pay a package price to deliver your baby (which is currently HKD39,000) as a non-resident. Getting an HK ID all depends on your working/dependant visa status and that is where the HR dept should be able to help.
    You need to register at the nearest public hospital to where you live. They will require you to attend antenatal appointments at least twice before you deliver, even if you are seeing a private doctor.

Make sure you bring all of your up to date records from home with you, the hospital will assess you and plan the remainder of your antenatal care. All staff in public hospitals speak English, and of course, some better than others. The style of care is very rudimentary (you even need to bring your own cup with you!), there is certainly no pampering or bells & whistles. The equipment and neonatal care is 1st grade though. The Queen Mary Hospital (on HK Island) has a very good reputation. If you have complications with a private hospital birth they end up sending you to Queen Mary anyway!

I found the whole process very daunting at the start. I was only in HK 2 months before I found out I was pregnant. I found the Annerley midwives (advertised on this site) really helpful and they offered some reassurance.

Good luck with everything!

mocha is offline Registered User
    welcome to hk.

i am so busy at work during there few wks, cannot stay here for long, however, i hope the following website can help..

http://www.ha.org.hk/visitor/ha_visi...D=352&lang=ENG

aug
    aug is offline Registered User
    Hi everyone wonder if next meetup can we arrange daddy along as I think they'll have same stress and might want to talk it out too.As I'm due in aug getting more and more stress and nervous.Still, I'm going back to singapore for labour .Will get back to HK only after delivery.

shoni is offline Registered User
    Just got my bed confirmed today, at the Matilda..... but hey it is a bed.

Great dinner last night, sorry we missed you aug, mocha and Hannii.

Tracey Nicole is offline Banned
    congrat shoni! I am at the Matilda as well ... we just might cross paths!

sorry about missing dinner. lesson learned - mond to wed is insane.

does anyone fancy brunch this sat? cru around 10.30am? Just a thought.

xxx

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast