Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Which baby monitor is good?

GoogleBaby is offline Registered User

Which baby monitor is good?

I've been using the Tomy brand (Digital Platinum model), however, it may get disconnected suddenly in the middle of the nite. And supposedly, when I shut it off (the mother unit) and restart again, it will search the signal automatically, so I don't need to go to my daughter's room to reset the unit at her side. However, that's not the case very often.

So, if anyone has any good brand to recommend, please let me know.

P.s., my flat is about 2000 sq ft, so I need one which has strong reception.

Thank you!

joannek is offline Registered User
    i use the one with the camera. but it doesn't receive very well. but my rm is right next to baby's rm, so the reception is good. so i have one more, the angelcare one which reception is good.

Portia is offline Registered User
    I tried the Tomy Digital Platinum as well and also found that it would disconnect more than once a night. I also could not reset it without resetting the baby's unit. I returned the Tomy and bought an Angelcare instead. It works well in my falt which is around your size, even in the rooms which are far away from the baby's room.

GoogleBaby is offline Registered User
    Hi Portia,

I actually saw your comment on this in another forum and responded there as well. Ha, I thought it only happened to me, I guess this Tomy Digital Platinum really has some problem!!! I actually contacted Tomy's company itself and they have exchanged the machine for me 3 times, but it still happens like that... very frustrated. Now our 2nd baby is coming and I am thinking of getting another one, maybe I should try the Angelcare. How much is this one? I also heard that the Philips DECT 488 one is good, but I am not sure if they are sold in HK. Anyone knows?

Thanks you.

Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by Portia View Post
    I tried the Tomy Digital Platinum as well and also found that it would disconnect more than once a night. I also could not reset it without resetting the baby's unit. I returned the Tomy and bought an Angelcare instead. It works well in my falt which is around your size, even in the rooms which are far away from the baby's room.

kahling is offline Registered User
    I also use the angelcare monitor and its fantastic. I have had no problems with it.

I got mine for approx $1200 8 months ago.

Matty is offline Registered User
    I use the non digital version, the Tomy Premier Advance, and have never had a problem with disconnection.
    It's been excellent, and has a 250m range which we've tested to it's limits back at my parents place in Australia.

Maybe Tomy would exchange it for the cheaper version, which suprisingly seems a lot better.

Portia is offline Registered User
    I also tried the Tomy Premier Advance and unfortunately for our flat it also had the same disconnection problems as with the Tomy Digital Platinum. I was at Bumps to Babes almost every day for a week getting monitors to try out!

sandylee09 is offline Registered User
    we have 3 storages at our place and we use angel care. It works really well. I got it at chicco for $1100.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast