Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

baby refuses to drink vanilla flavoured Enfagrow

happybilly is offline Registered User

Unhappy baby refuses to drink vanilla flavoured Enfagrow

My baby just turned 1 and has been drinking Meadjohnson's Level 2 (Enfamil) since 7 months. She has always been an easy drinker/eater so we assumed that she will just take up Level 3 (Enfagrow) without a problem. When we opened the Level 3 can today, there was a VERY strong sweet smell of vanilla which wasn't in Level 2. I tried to feed it to my baby several times and she refused to drink it!

Then I realised the vanilla taste is made of artificial and natural flavours and is quite high up in the ingredient list! This is quite worrying as we have been adamant about not giving her any artifical flavours/additives.

Are there any 1 yr old formula without artifical flavours among the big brands? Or is organic formula the only choice?

Many many thanks!!

momoftwo is offline Registered User
    Hi
    Yes the level 3 formulas are high on sugar and flavour. I stopped giving it to my son because that is all he would drink and wouldn't eat anything else. If you don't want to move on to cow's milk you can still use level 2 formula for a one year old. If she is eating well cows milk or soy milk should provide enough fat and nutrients.

patts is offline Registered User
    I also had the same problem with my daughter(she is now 2) when she was younger. I used to buy Enfagrow milk powder from Malaysia which was without vanilla flavour. When I ran out of the powder in Hk, I thought the same brand in hk would be the same but I found out later that they all have the vanilla flavour which my daughter didn't like.

I looked for other brands but most of them had vanilla in them, so finally I used Milupa,that hasn't got vanilla, which my daugter is willing to take.

happybilly is offline Registered User
    Thanks a lot!