1st fertility appt - kinda depressed :(
- 02-13-2008, 04:30 PM #9Registered User
- Join Date
- Dec 2007
- Pokfulam, Hong Kong
Sorry to hear about your experience. It sounded just awful! I have seen Dr. Derek Lo a few times. My first visit with him he was very direct which was a bit unsettling. My follow on appointments with him have been really good. I have not had to wait long and he has given me enough time to ask questions without being rushed. I am not sure if he was trying to set my expectations in our initial meeting about getting pregnant but overall I am happy with him.
Hope this helps and good luck to you!
- 02-14-2008, 12:00 AM #10Registered User
- Join Date
- Jan 2006
- Hong Kong
I agree with the opinions about the patient Dr Dereck Ho. I went to him to seek fertility help 3 yrs ago but was pleasantly surprised to find out that I was pregnant on my first visit. I continued to see him for another 2 months and he was very patient. In the end, he has to refer me to another Dr cos he is more focused on fertility treatment.
I did asked about the treatment but I do not know if it is IVF or IUI....the total is about HK$80,000.
Anyway, just to share abit on my fertility issue. My cycle was very irregular about 2-3 mths interval. We went Yung Wo Hospital and found that the eggs in my ovary were very small.
We actually tried for 2 yrs. In the end, I took a chinese medicine called " bai Fong yuen" from Beijing Tong ren tong stores in Central. The medicines were not expensive. It was actually to regulate my menstruation. 6 mths later I was pregnant.
For my second baby, I took the same medicine and 6 mths later, I was pregnant with my second. I find it unbelievable as my cycle were so irregular. I am not 100% sure if it was the medicine but my friend took the same and few mths later, also got pregnant. Hope the above helps.
- By pinklily in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 5Last Post: 04-18-2011, 11:49 PM
- By grant in forum PreconceptionReplies: 10Last Post: 05-18-2010, 12:17 PM
- By 1stimemum in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 14Last Post: 06-16-2009, 05:16 PM
- By yuukalim0404 in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 9Last Post: 10-01-2008, 05:01 PM
- By Bozo in forum PreconceptionReplies: 25Last Post: 06-14-2007, 08:42 PM