Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

What to bring on beach holiday?

premama is offline Registered User

What to bring on beach holiday?

We're planning a trip to Cebu (Shangri-la) - my baby will be 9 months, what are the things that we need to bring/prepare for? I've no idea as it's our first holiday with the baby!

For e.g. we're currently using a steriliser for the bottles, I'm presuming that we'll have to wash with hot water supplied in the hotel rooms.

Sleep - our baby currently sleeps in her crib. Do your babies sleep with you in the bed on holidays?

Going to the pool/beach - where should I buy swimsuits/hats? Pool floats and toys? Is sunscreen necessary?

Any comments appreciated, thank you!

Buckeroo is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    Hi premama. You will have a fab time at the Shangri-la in Cebu! We went when our baby was 7 months old and we all had a great time.

- We didn't bring bottles as I'm still b'feeding, but for sterilizing, you can bring Milton tablets with you or get one of those microwave sterilizing bags.

- Don't know what package you're on, but if you can, request for a KING bed. They basically put 2 Queen beds together, which makes a HUGE bed and when we were there, both our kids (our toddler and the baby) slept with us. You can also request for a cot, I think.

- Swimsuits. You can get them from Stanley. There are a couple of shops that sell swimsuits with UV protection or you can also get them at Bumps to Babes (hats and swimsuits).

- Definitely will need sunscreen (even if there is no sun).

- At the beach, they have beach toys (for playing in the sand...)

Have fun!

joannek is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    we went last wept. we had a lot of fun. defintely lots of sunscreen, both adult & baby. remember to reapply every 2 hours. more often if stayed in the water. sunhat is also a must.

very children friendly hotel. you'll enjoy it.