Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Working in Kowloon, best place to live

sacerdote is offline Registered User

Working in Kowloon, best place to live

I and my wife may be moving to HK in the near future. She would be working in Kowloon, near HMS Whampoa. I work from home but would need a decent internet connection. We've got a 9 year old daughter. We'd quite like to live out of the city, but with reasonably easy access for work and schools.

I wondered if someone could give me an idea of the commute times from Clearwater Bay or Repulse Bay, both of which seem nice. Or suggest anywhere better.

Cheers!

:Butbut anyone?

carang is offline Registered User
    you're not going to get a lot of replies right now as many people are away for chinese new year.

it would be a royal pain in the neck to commute to whampoa from repulse bay, unless you drive.

nowhere do you mention a budget or the school that your daughter will be going to. before anyone can make any recommendations, we need these two vital pieces of information.

Ah right, thanks for that. I had forgotten about the new year. Kung Hey Fat Choy to everyone!

Our housing budget would be around 60K, though we could go higher if necessary. We'd rather not get a car, but if it was essential then we could probably afford one.

I honestly don't know about schools yet. My daughter is currently at an English private school, and we'd be intending to return to the UK eventually, so an English curriculum school or IB would be best.

Thanks