Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

New mums March '08

lieny is offline Registered User
    Hi All,

I am due in March 22nd.. Just saw this forum. Would love to join you guys too.. but maybe a bit late.. as I finish work at 6pm in Wanchai.. Are you planning to do a quick one, or stay for a bit? Is it ok if I come at around 6:15? WIll try to call you anyways.

Lieny

Hi all, it was real nice meeting u all yesterday.. Hey - are any of you going for cord blood? We are still thinking abt it, but time is running out.. so we have to decide soon..
    Have a great day ! Lieny

MaiYe is offline Banned

cord blood

hi Lieny,

i won't consider that simply b/c we don't see a need for tat. but it also depends the health traits and history from both sides of your families...

cheers,
    Florence

expectingmum is offline Registered User
    Hi all, just joined this forum...too bad I missed the meeting since I'm also due in March. Hope to get a chance to meet of you and good luck with your babies!

Lieny, have you decided which cord blood bank to go with yet? We too are deciding at the moment.

cxflygirl is offline Registered User
    I am also looking into cord blood banking.. spoke to my dr and he suggested smart cells. www.smartcells.com. They charge HK$28,000 for 25 years. I looked at a few local one but i am thinking of going with this one.

This is the info they gave me.

Our Hong Kong package fee is HK$28,000 and includes the following:-

Cord blood collection kit & normal courier service charge from HK to UK. (There will be an additional courier surcharge for services during the UK long public holidays, i.e. Easter and Christmas.)
    Pre-storage processing of the cord blood sample.
    25 years of storage
    Complimentary pre-birth maternal blood test at our designated lab in HK. (This is a mandatory test as required by the Regulation; and has to be done between period of 30 days before the birth or up to 7 days after the birth.)
    Complimentary maternal blood test after 6 months of birth at our designated lab in HK. (This is also a mandatory test as required by the Regulation)
    Retrieval cost – should you need the stem cells for treatment purposes, we will get them to you free of charge wherever, in the World, you may need them.

The payment schedule:-

HK$8,000.00 Initial payment (Non-refundable)

HK$20,00.00 Bal. to be paid upon confirmation of successful storage

cxflygirl - I was a bit worried that storage is all the way in UK..for Smartcells..so didn't talk to them. What made you pick them over the rest?

I did talk to Cryolife & Healthy Baby..by my friend highly recommends Cord Life, so I am biased towards them now...
    So they have this seminar this Friday nite, which I plan to go (it is in Cantonese) where they will give us a tour to their labs and everything. Theirs is about HK28K, and givign out $2000 promotions.. but the storage is only for 18 years..

Do you know what is the expiry date for the cord blood?

I am referring to Cordlife - seminar this fri, 22nd Feb.
    Crylife is also having a seminar on Sat, 23rd feb.. but I have decided not to go with them already..

Hi other March babies moms - we are meeting up again for drinks on 26th Feb 5:45pm.. Do let us know if you can join.
    Mai Ye - have we decided on venue yet?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast