Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

New mums March '08

Nic
    Nic is offline Registered User
    Hi All

Natalia Louise was born naturally at QMH on 3rd March at 8.48pm, weighing a healthy 3.2kg. We came home the next day and so far so good, although a little sleep deprived!

Hope you all have safe and healthy arrivals soon. I must admit sleeping without a 'bump' is so much easier!

Take care and keep us posted with any news of arrivals. Perhaps when we have all settled down again we could get together with our babies.

MaiYe is offline Banned
    Baby massage class (6wks old to 12mths)

Dear all moms,

Since I would like to invite a baby massageur to Serenity Club House (PoLam MTR station) to offer a consecutive 4 Saturday afternoons in May of baby massage class for 6 to 8 families (baby+mom+dad). If any mom's interested, pls pm me, thanks a lot!

cheers,
    Florence (maiye)

cxflygirl is offline Registered User
    Nic

Congratulations!!

peainpod is offline Registered User
    Hi everyone!

Baby Graham Reginald arrived by elective c-section on March 8 in great fighting form at 8 lbs 3 oz (!) and 52 cm. Just arrived home yesterday after a week at the Matilda Hospital.

I can't speak highly enough of the hospital or my OB Phlip Ho. It was such a fantastic experience, and I really really did not want to leave. Dr Ho lived up to his reputation and my recovery was super fast! I was able to get out of bed on the second morning and spent most of the rest of the time on my feet. (Which by the way is incredibly swollen! I am v grateful to have gone to the hospital in my Crocs - nothing else would have fit post-partum.)

Breastfeeding was a challenge but the hardest part seems to be over (other than the super-sore and partly chewed nipples) and Graham is feeding like a champ. I strongly recommend Lansinoh cream (I got mine at Mothercare - but they also sell it at B2B) which at least meant I didn't have cracked nipples. (To apply it immediately every time after bubs finishes feeding.)

Congratulations to Florence and Nic on the delivery of their babies. Good luck to Vivienne and Debbie and hopefully your babies will come very soon!

Once we are all settled, it'd be great to work out a time for a post-partum coffee get-together and swap birth stories with our babies in toll.

Edwina

bbvv is offline Registered User
    Congratulations Nic and Edwina - all that waiting for you guys are finally over and now you are both with breastfeeding and nappy changing. Get as much sleep as possible ideally when your baby sleep that's when you can catch up.

Will keep you posted on the arrival of my baby - can't wait to sleep without a bump as it is taking a toll on my back.

bbvv is offline Registered User
    Hi there,

Larissa arrived by natural delivery at QE on 17th March at 4.28am weighing at 6lb 5oz. She decided to meet the world 8 days earlier but not as keen as her brother who was born 13 days early.

Delivery this time round was not as daunting as the first and labour pain to delivery all under 5 hours. Did not need an episiotomy this time - only torn a little. Breastfeeding like Edwina - cracked nipples but worse as mine bled and the skin came off so had to resort to pumping until the heal - am a little disappointed but happy that I can still feed my girl breastmilk.

Have fun and treasure all those moments with your babies - they certainly do change in appearance very quickly within the first month.

Vivienne

MaiYe is offline Banned

Congrat Vivienne

let's meet up sometime next month w/our babies. btw will you be interested in baby massage class to be held at TKO in May?

cheers,
    Florence

peainpod is offline Registered User
    Great job, Vivienne, congratulations! Glad to hear that your delivery went smoothly and I guess you and Larissa are now settled back home again?

Sorry to hear about the nursing pains - I had assumed that BF is easier the second time round but I guess that's not always so? Anyway, you may still want to buy some Lansinoh so that when you resume nursing at the breast, you can give yourself some extra protection? I am also told that it helps if you rub a little bit of breastmilk on your nipple after each feed, which helps with the healing. (I do both - first the breastmilk and then after it dries, I rub on a bit of Lansinoh.)

Part of me wants Graham to grow a bit more so he is more robust and less fragile, while the only part knows I should treasure his newborn moments right now (and all those funny faces that he keeps pulling!). Owning a baby is so daunting and scary at times!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast