Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

New mums March '08

peainpod is offline Registered User
    Vivienne - that's great, so glad to hear that your poor nipples have recovered and that you are breastfeeding well. It's just the initial stage that's so teeth-gritting, isn't it? Once the nursing routine is established (for me, it was around the 4 week mark), then bubs can latch any which way and it doesn't seem to hurt. (Mine also has this naughty habit of twisting his head with nipple in mouth when he's almost done so it's stretched like elastic! And even though it looks nasty, even that doesn't hurt!!)

Cxflygirl - I don't think everyone needs to nurse for 30 mins. It depends on how fast your let-down is and how fast your milk flows, and of course how fast your baby can drink. With mine, he's quite a fast feeder and can drain my breast in about 10 mins. (I try to keep him at it for 15 mins if possible at each feed.) I'm told I have a quick letdown as it only takes me 10 mins to drain a breast while pumping (I can pump about 100 ml from one breast when it's full/engorged.)

I think the important thing is that your baby looks fulfilled after nursing - and of course, that she is gaining weight steadily.

MaiYe is offline Banned

bb massage class

sorry tat i've missed your msg. Polam is the very last mtr stop of Tseung Kwan O line. we've still got 1 spot left, pls call my mobile asap to cobfirm,tks! mobile:92361284

Quote Originally Posted by cxflygirl View Post
    Florence,

I live out in Tung Chung just want to know which stop I get off on the MTR and is it easy to get to your place from the MTR station. If it is I would be interested and how many classes are there?

lieny is offline Registered User
    Dear all March Moms, how are you all?

I gave birth to Evana on March 21st in Sanatorium via C-section. My water burst the day bfore, but I wasn't dilated at all, so after waiting for a whole day, we decided it was best that we pull her out via C. I totally understand those days of cracked, bleeding nipples.. but glad that my breasts are more used to the sucking and pumping.

Can't believe in 1 week, Evana will be 1 month. I followed this Chinese tradition of keeping the baby home, but would like to take her out now that she is 1 month. Does anyone fancy a baby-mommy gathering?

peainpod is offline Registered User
    I'm game for a baby-mommy gathering! Would somewhere in Central/Soho work for everyone? Perhaps could meet in a Starbucks somewhere?

cxflygirl is offline Registered User
    Florence,

Thank you however i think i will not join as Po lam is quite far for us.

Lieny,
    I am also doing the tradition confinement month so Katie will be one month on the 28th.. not long to go as I am itching to get out of the house!!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678