Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Pumpers (for breastmillk)

Clowe is offline Registered User

Question Pumpers (for breastmillk)

Hi Ladies - I was at Mothercare yesterday and was surprised by the array of pumpers available... There were electric ones and manual ones! Any thoughts on which is better (as in more practical and easier to use)? The electric ones were easily twice the price of the manual ones; however, if it is really a better investment, I'd be willing to try them out. Since they're pretty pricey, I thought I'd ask around first for anyone with experience/thoughts on this...

carang is offline Registered User
    i liked the medela electric. i wish i had it with my first. i had two cheap brands of pumps with my first and they were TERRIBLE!

i definitely think that a good pump is worth it, especially if you are set on having your baby fed breast milk.

m2cw2mhk is offline Registered User
    If you are going to be working and relying on pumping several times a day you definitely want electric. If you are going to be home with your child and only pumping for the periodic bottle when you are away, you might be fine with a manual. I found the electric to be easier than the manual, but the manual worked fine too. Some folks without great milk production find the manual is not enough.

So, it depends on your projected use.

arismom is offline Registered User
    when i had my daughter, i rented the medela symphony which is an electric dual pump like they use in the hospitals. this saved so much time.
    i was very intent on breast feeding and with the use of this was able to breast feed til my little one for 8 months.
    they rent out the machine itself and you buy all the parts so hygiene is not an issue.
    for us, this worked out better than buying.

LeahH is offline Registered User
    I pump exclusively so definitely needed double/electric - I have the medela pump in style (it's actually in a backpack so great for taking out and about).

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    Same as Arismom, I rent the Medela Symphony double pump, it's efficient and silent. I also have a small manual one for week-ends or holidays, just in case.

LittleLams is offline Registered User
    I am with LeahH. I used the Medla Pump in Style for my first and am still using it for my second. It came together with a very basic medela manual pump which I used once while on holiday but it was pretty hard work. The backpack is good if you are returning to work.

Buckeroo is offline Registered User
    Another vote for the Medela Pump in Style. I used it with #1 and am still using with the baby now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Scroll to top