Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone tried meatmarket.hk?

Becca is offline Registered User

Anyone tried meatmarket.hk?

Hi,
    We're new to HK from UK and have a toddler (20mth old).

We saw an ad in one of the "freeby" magazines for www.meatmarket.hk and wonder if anyone has used them? Are they any good?Any comments from anyone who have used them before?

We're quite wary of the meat, poultry , especially the seafood that comes from China or called "local" in the supermarket....we've read lots on pollution/high level of mercury of seafood from China and region.
    We normally try to get Aussie/ US meat... but quite often , we find they run out in the supermarket we go to.

Plus, with a toddler and settling in, I've found it hard to duck to supermarket whenever i want....We did our grocery shopping online in the UK and thought we'd try it here ( unfrotunately the supermarket doesnt deliver fresh food)

My husband thinks the website is dodgy ( purely based on the pickture of the buxomy girl next to the butcher..;p)
    Thought I'd ask the collective wisdom out there.

Hope you can help!

Mom- New-in -Hongkers!

joshsmum is offline Registered User
    Hi.

I haven't used meatmarket, but have used South Stream Seafoods - they have aussie meat and NZ chicken breast that I've bought. I have found them to be good.

http://www.south-stream-seafoods.com/store/index.html

Harsha is offline Registered User
    Hi Becka
    I have used meat market and found their customer service to be very very good (I needed a whole salmon for an xmas party - they were the only people to help me with all my questions, they delivered on time and were competitively priced). I have to agree with your hubby though - there website does look a bit dodgy!

Hope this helps!

cda
    cda is offline Banned
    meatmarket is great, highly recommended

KatBoo is offline Registered User
    I use AussieOrganics.com - they are pretty good. I know they do fruit/veg/seafood, and are in the process of hooking up with suppliers to provide meat.

Saira is offline Registered User
    I order from there every 10 days or so. Their service and quality is great. I've been using them for over 6 months now. Prices are competitive. Highly recommended!

mimiparker is offline Registered User

Bossoms!

Yes I think the ad was so that you dont take the meat thing too seriously....... I mean how exciting is selling Meat anyway?
    But what the ad does do is capture your attention, enough for you to be asking on Geobaby! So not bad to their Marketing dept.
    Now to answer your question - yes the meat is absol fresh, delicious, quality and the delivery is reliable and always with smile (rare in Hong Kong). You couldn't find a more reasonably priced meat market either. Just compare one or two of their items with City Super and you will see which one gives you the better deal!

Have fun shopping online..........!

crystal88 is offline Registered User
    Hi,

I haven't tried this company.

I order mine from meat.com.hk. Price is competitive. Most meats from Brazil. Good service.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Scroll to top