Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Any Singaporean/Malaysian Moms group?

fennho is offline Registered User

Elements is good! I live just above. :)

Thanks for organising Ai Li...i AM bringing my baby along. :)

kiki123 is offline Registered User

looks like there is no recession going on.... good food is still a must. just realised that the lei garden in ifc is michelin star 1. no star for the elements branch though.

see u gals... er sorry ai li, the table is reserved under what name?

sannie is offline Registered User

Hi Ladies.
    I'm Singaporean too but only moving to HK next June. Would be happy to meet everyone and enjoy the food! I missed good Asian food.
    I'm starting to do my research on HK (housing, schools, helper etc). Probably going to end up staying around Quarry bay area as DH's work is in that area. Anyone staying there now? And I would like to try to find a job once we are settled in, anyone found a job in HK after moving there? Is the job market tough?
    Sorry for all the questions.

Ai li is offline Registered User

Lunch at Lei Garden Elements - Kowloon station (MON)

Thanks for reminding me Kiki123. The reservation is under my name as Ai Li (许小姐)

Apparently there isnt any offer/discount for any credit cards. How come??!!!

FShah is offline Registered User

Hi Sannie,

You're in luck! I'm staying around Quarry Bay, actually we are more in the TaiKoo area though; which is minutes away by foot. I really like this area, as its convenient with handful of malls, easy access to market & groceries, wide variety of restaurants/cafes, its near the harbour park, playground for infants/toddlers, gym (we have California right by our main road) and many more. Oh & the nearest Burger King is just 2 stations away kek~

Depending on which job sector you are in would depend really on the level of difficulty to get a job. I was lucky to get the easy stick when I moved here as I got transferred from the international school i was teaching there to the one in HK.. guess if you have a working visa, would be easy peasy to get one though. :D

Well, when you do get here & get settled, hope to meet you!
    Good luck!

sannie is offline Registered User

Thanks Fshah.
    Sounds like a nice area. I read that there seems to be a lot of Jap/Koreans around the area so lots of Jap/Korean restaurants.
    I was looking at Casa 880, Taikoo Shing and Grand Promenade and it looks like Casa 880 is the nearest to DH's work and the only one with 4 bedrooms. We'll be four (parents and 2 kids) and since I am thinking that my mum would come often, should have a room for her too.
    I used to be in advertising/marketing but stopped work for the last 3 years to be a SAHM to my DD.... keeping my fingers since I really want to go back to work.
    Looking forward to getting to know you too. :-)

kyojee is offline Registered User

Hi Ai Li,

Sure, I'm aware of the change! See all you ladies and babies at Lei Garden Elements!

Last edited by kyojee; 12-14-2008 at 07:24 AM. Reason: typo

FShah is offline Registered User

my pleasure!

yes, TaiKoo's known for a 'jap scene' kek~ i meet ALOT of japanese moms when i go to the playground by the park. There's a quite a number of japanese based shops too, so if you're into japanese trends then you're in luck! Actually because of the new buildings & offices that open in Quarry Bay, there is a good mix of restaurants. Some are kids friendly too like this american Ruby Tuesdays. They also just opened a new cafe Eboosh, which has mexican fare, pizzas, chocy desserts & much more, oh good cheap coffee too! So you are spoilt for choice.

You shld really consider Casa 880, its so near the train station & swanking new! Ive seen it & the interiors & all are awesome. Their layout's pretty fab to me cuz of the big windows & lots of natural light :)

I am also a SAHM now since my daughter is born. But its not difficult getting a advertsing/marketing job here thats for sure! :) Yes looking forward to meet/know you when you arrive!

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast