Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Any Singaporean/Malaysian Moms group?

Ying Ho is offline Registered User
    Any Singaporean/Malaysian mums and mums to be living near Hung Hom, would love to meet for Chicken Rice, Laksa, and Mee Siam.....Prima packs of course, for support.

snowbird is offline Registered User
    Hi Ladies

Hope this thread is still active. I'm malaysian but lived in Singapore last 20 years. Moving to HK end of this month and would really like to get to meet some of you. I have a 21 month old boy and will be living in a service apartment in Tai Koo Shing for a month. I know some of you are at DB but if anyone in HK island and meeting up, please let me know.

Also I just found out I'm pregnant - can anyone recommend a good OBGYN? Mine in SG recommended one in HK but she seems to be very popular and has a highly controversial practice and recently been banned in one of the hospitals she can deliver babies! Don't know what to think! Any tips/ideas highly appreciated.

For those of you living in DB, what is it like? My husband will be working in Admiralty but he don't quite like the idea of being restricted to the ferry schedule, etc so we're looking at either Pokfulam or Clearwater Bay/Silverstrand. Anyone been there or can share thoughts about it?

Thanks
    Gwen

sandytan is offline Registered User
    Hi All,

My husband and I are both Malaysians and we have stayed in HK for 3 years now. We have a 2.5 years boy (borned in HK), and recently found out I'm pregnant again! Would love to meet up as well whenever there is a gathering.

Snowbird: I have made appointment with Dr David Ng at Central (my previous OBGYN has retired). My friend, who is also a Malaysian, had engaged him as OBGYN previously and highly recommended him. However he only delivers babies at Canossa Hospital, HK Island (a private hospital). You may want to consider him....

Rgds,
    Sandy

onglsl is offline Registered User
    Hi Snowbird,

My obgyn is Dr Ghosh and he is quite popular although some people find him a bit brash. I gave birth to my boy (now 6 months) here in HK at Mathilda Hospital.

We live in DB and it is great for children cos there is space and less pollution. I don't like the ferry either but the reason we live here is for the children. You should take a trip over to DB to look at it - we didn't consider it at all at first due to the ferry but changed our mind when we came for look see.

Hope above helps.

Ai li is offline Registered User
    Hi,

Great to hear the voices from all of you.

I am also a Malaysian, have been living in Singapore for 10 years. Just moved to HK 5 months ago. Had my baby girl here. She is 2 months old now.

Shall we all meet up at Central HK? I am free during weekday except Tue and Thursday afternoon.

hi Snowbird,
    I had a great experience delivering in Union Hospital, and also a great OBGYN (Dr Alexander Yip) with a very reasonable price.

I paid only HK$450 per consultation including ultra sound scan. I heard some of doctor fee goes up to HK$1200 per visit!! If you like to have more info, please feel free to ask me or I can talk for non-stop about pregnancy during the coming gathering :-D

cheers,
    Ai Li

Hi Snowbird,

Forgot to mention, I would highly recommend Bel-Air on the peak. It is very close to Pok Fu Lam. It has free shuttle bus that goes to Sheung wan (2 stations to Admiralty).

http://www.bel-air.com.hk/cyberport/jsp/home.html

I regretted not choosing Bel-Air on the Peak but Mid-Levels :(

It is definately worth viewing the place before finalising your stay.

angeilin is offline Registered User
    Hi, I'm singaporean and have a 21 month old son, living in the mid-levels. Would love to join your gathering. I'm free all days between 1 - 3pm.

Hi Ladies,

How about meeting up next Wednesday (12 Nov 08) at Starbuck IFC (2nd floor) at 2pm?

Is the timing and venue OK for everyone? Look forward meeting all of you soon.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast