Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bisphenol A - are you concerned?

joannek is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    i don't know id the plastic in dr. brown's are safe or not. but i know the reason why they leak when you heat milk in it is cos of the funnel. when you heat milk in the bottle with the funnel on, the air inside the bottle expands, and the milk rides up the funnel & leak from the sides of the top of the funnel, and it's not because of the plastic.

Klam is offline Registered User
    Yuen Long NT
    I agree with joannek, the only time I've had my Dr Brown bottles 'leak' is when the milk has been too hot and it leaks out from the top, but this rarley happens as I never make milk too hot in the first place.
    I've never had a problem with Dr Browns bottles and when this Bisphenol A problem first surfaced, I just contacted the distributor that sold me the bottles with questions and they emailed me a statement from Dr.Browns office in HK ensuring that their bottles are safe.
    If you have concerns, maybe you should contact them:

a mum is offline Registered User
    mid levels
    I have changed all my Dr Brown bottles to Bfree. It was recommended to buy bottles which explicitly say Bisphenol A free or use glass bottle which only B free claims that on their packing. In fact Dr Brown and B free are from the same manufacture and their teats are inter changeble.

eflats is offline Registered User
    Causeway Bay
    in addition to adiri and glass bottles you can also use born free bottles (i've seen them in the quarry bay jusco called B Free) or medela bottles both are free of bisphenol-A.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12