Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Child Care Course for Domestic Helper?

1. Child Care Course for Domestic Helper?

Has anyone sent their domestic helper for a infant/child care course? We are expecting our first baby in May and would like our helper to get some basic training in infant care.
    I have found that there are child care courses offered by Annerley and Matilda. Any recommendation which one was more useful? Or if your helper attended some other child care course, pls suggest.

Nashua852 is offline Registered User
    Yuen Long, Hong Kong
    My husband and I went to Yvonne Heavyside's antenatal classes and they were fantastic; extremely helpful and when push came to shove - no pun intended - her advice was very helpful. Although I do not have any personal experience with Yvonne's helper course, I know it is well recommended, and I'd recommend Yvonne in a heartbeat. Her website is Hope that helps!

Nashua Gallagher

a mum is offline Registered User
    mid levels
    Actually many places offer new born care course, I think places like YWCA, or most hospitals do (however that may depend on attendants to see if worth running a course and may or may not fit in with your delivery day). Good luck.

joshsmum is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    The English speaking members section of the YWCA holds helpers courses in Child Care & First Aid.

sophwillsmum is offline Registered User
    Bel air, Cyberport.
    Hi Bel,
    I just noticed your post and thought I'd say hi. So I guess this means that you have got your helper search underway.Give me a call, we should catch up soon.