Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 10 of 57 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Due Oct-Dec 08??

rani is offline Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by MamanV View Post
    Hi everyone!

Miracle, I found out I was pregnant and one week later I was looking at my baby at another gynecologist's (of course!). The most incredible though is that I was already 2 weeks pregnant when I had the appointment with Lucy Lord.
    Anyway, here I am, pregnant and happy!
    Congratulations!!! Am so happy for you.

MamanV is offline Registered User
    Thank you very much Rani!

I've started to think about anti-stretchmark creams. I know a few French brands but I have no idea what I could find here in HK. Any suggestion?

ninahh is offline Registered User
    i've just read, that it wont make a big difference if you use anti stretchmark creams. but can't really believe that, on the other hand i've heard thet baby oil is quite good, and that it is all about the massage. so i just use the oil and hope I wont get any stretchmarks.
    but if you want a proper cream you can try any mummie baby shops. I rememeber seing some in the babyshop in horizon plaza, but there is another good one in central, next to shanghai tang on pedder street. you have to go inside the building and i think it is on the 3rd floor.

PurpleFlower is offline Registered User
    Yes, I think my sister used olive oil (or some other oil) for her first pregnancy and she's sure it worked... cos with the second, she didn't have time to do it and got stretch marks!!!

MamanV is offline Registered User
    I went to Times Square, Sogo, etc yesterday and indeed, I realised that it was just oil that we needed and nothing "special pregnancy". And actually if it's especially made for pregnancy, it's way more expensive! (Clarins stretchmark control HKD666, although BodyShop stretchmark HKD279)
    I ended up going to HealthQuest pharmacy in Happy Valley (after reading another forum) and they can mix different oils for us. I'm waiting for a 'quote', we'll see.
    But I admit I'm confused, does that mean we can use any body lotion as long as it is a good moisturiser?

i have a question,
    one of my friends is moving to beijing soon. i gave her the geobaby link to get some connections to other mums (she has a 1year old daughter). apparetly there is no geobaby for beijing. anyone knows any other good addresses i can give her. or is there a geobaby for beijing with another address?
    MamanV- i think any good moisturizer will do, but the best is plain oil.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    Hey everyone, how was your easter?

I'm back from Shanghai now - it's great to be home! I was a bit sick up there - I think just with the tiredness and all that. It's the first time I've been sick this pregnancy...

I have another ultrasound on Friday, I get to see the baby again - and this time it'll have arms and legs, not just be a "blob" ;) I'm looking forward to it!!

I think I'm STARTING to show - but you can only notice if I'm in something skin tight - and if you know that my tummy was FLAT before (now it's round/bloated a bit... it just looks like I ate too much) - so I'm not really "showing", I guess... *shrugs*

9 weeks today, still feeling good!! Except one of my friends had a miscarriage over the weekend :( So sad...

easter was ok, stayed in hk, so nothing special. i am 11 weeks today and also think that i am showing already, but as you sayd nicole, it looks more like i have eaten too much.
    i also have a doctors appointment tomorrow, he is going to test for down syndrom. it is a little scary feeling but i am sure everything is fine.
    so sorry for your friend, nicole. hope she is feeling better soon. my work college had a misscarriage, just before i found out i was pregnant, it was pretty hard to tell her that i am having a baby now. but she is fine now and happy for me.
    i think i have reached that stage when you feel just great, with tons of energy. except my skin is breaking out....
    in germany we say, when your skin and your hair doesn't look nice anymore during pregnancy, it'll be a girl. because the girl takes away the mothers beauty :-) lets see, not long and we're going to find out.
    nina

Page 10 of 57 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Scroll to top