Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 12 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Due Oct-Dec 08??

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    I just came back from my SECOND appointment - and it was pretty disappointing... Dr Ho was really rude and dismissive... I think it's because we told him we're going to Queen Mary, so he knows he's not getting all that money from us for the delivery - so he was really brushing us off... I was really disappointed!! Last time, he seemed really nice and friendly and everything - but this time, it was like "Let me check you and get you out of here as quick as possible!!"

We did get a scan though - and the baby is around 3cm, measuring at 9 weeks 3 days, which is exactly what I am, from my calculation!! It was so much change from the last one where it was just a little blob!! It has legs and was moving and you could see the head and the bum and everything - so cute!! Although the whole ultrasound was over in about 30 seconds :( stupid doctor!! That adds up to $20 per second ;)

I'm up for lunch any time!!

Oh - I booked my trip to Europe today! My brother lives in Denmark, so we're heading over there first, then going on a Princess cruise around the Baltic sea! We're going to Finland, Sweden, Norway, St Petersburg, Estonia... I think one other place but I forget... I'm really excited though!! I'll be around 16 weeks when we go - early in the 2nd trimester... I think it's a good time in the pregnancy to do something like that - I won't be so tired, but I won't be huge and awkward either...

tinks is offline Registered User
    Nicole - Dr Ho does blow hot and cold - sometimes he's really chatty and other times he hardly says a word. I think he's like that with everyone and he is a busy man. I found it quite rude initially as I'm used to the UK where Doctors and Consultants are very chatty and have a sense of humour where as here it's very matter of fact. He has a reputation as being an excellent Doctor though. Will you continue to see him? When do you have to register at QM?

Holiday sounds fab. I haven't seen much of that part of Europe and being from the UK I have no excuse - just that I'm a lazy a**e!!!

nino is offline Registered User
    Hi Everyone,
    I've been waiting to post to make sure I was past the 12 week mark, as I had two miscarriages in early pregnancy last year. I'm only 9 1/2 weeks, but can't wait any longer - its nice to know that others are going through similar emotions, troubles, etc, especially with a first pregnancy. Looking forward to hearing more from everyone!

Bubbles is offline Registered User

Hi Nino

Hi Nino (and everyone else).....I know what you mean about wanting to tell people ...but having to wait just to be safe.

I've only told a few people (not even my mom and dad know), but it's nice to share it this way (on geobaby) - it feels safe.

Bubbles

ttc2ndbaby is offline Registered User
    Hi ladies
    I just read ninos post and am exactly in the same situation as her!!!! Ive been lurking this post for the last 2 weeks or so but been too scared to post since i suffered a miscarriage late last year. Im also 9 1/2 weeks along and eager to join you ladies in this journey! I have a gorgeous 2 year old daughter so this is my third pregnancy, and hopefully will be my second child!

I havent told anybody about the pregnancy yet. We are just being a bit cautious since we have miscarried in the past.

We are due on October 28th and we are booked at the Matilda.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    At first I didn't want to tell people - it took us over a YEAR to conceive... I had begun looking into fertility doctors and everything - but we ended up falling pregnant naturally! It just took us a while... but I was SO SCARED of miscarrying... my mother had a miscarriage when I was about 13, and I think it really affected me... it made me feel like it's "more likely" to happen with me - but I guess it's not really...

I've told THE WHOLE WORLD already though ;) lol - I just couldn't keep it a secret... hehe... well, I've told everyone except my boss anyway!!

Sooo... who's up for lunch? When and where? Is Central a good place for you all? Want to try for next week some time? Or maybe the week after? I think that any day is good for me...

Smiles is offline Registered User
    Hi everyone, have been reading through all the posts and would love to join up for the lunch date!

We are expecting our first baby Oct 19th.

I've only been in Hong Kong for 3 months so getting used to a new city and working through the mine field of maternity/hospital systems has been a learning curve! Everyone seems to have great advice on this site!

nino is offline Registered User
    I wish I felt comfortable enough to tell people - I've only told my mom and sister back in Canada. It would definitely help explain to those around me why I can't even stand the smell of certain foods and the mood swings I've been experiencing. We'll try to wait for the 12 week mark, but I can't believe no one has guessed yet!
    I would be up for meeting everyone - or whoever can make it - for lunch or coffee sometime. I'm currently not working so have a pretty open schedule. Looking forward to meeting everyone! Have a good weekend!

Page 12 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Scroll to top