Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 13 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Due Oct-Dec 08??

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    For everyone who hasn't yet, go and post in this thread - http://www.geobaby.com/forum/get-know-each-t123281.html - so that I can keep track of everyone, who everyone is, due dates, etc... k? (if you want to, obviously!!)

PurpleFlower is offline Registered User
    Hi All,

Sorry I've been feeling a bit under the weather these past couple of days. It's awful. Poor baby hasn't been able to sleep with my constant coughing!!!

Re lunch, I think it'll be best for me to wait til next week - to let myself fully recover and also cos I'm anticipating a hectic week at work (with new club opening!!). Next Wed/Thur would be better for me. But if it's not suitable for others, then no worries!

PurpleFlower is offline Registered User
    Kharel - I've just had a thought, I thought Tsan Yuk only registers new mums on Wednesdays and Saturdays?!? That's what they told me when I called to make an appointment... And you had to be over 10 weeks preg. Maybe you might like to double check your appt date?

Bubbly is offline Registered User
    Hi everyone,

Wow, there are certainly a lot of posts here and I just spent my whole morning at work reading everything :P and getting to know you all.

I found out I was pregnant a month ago but at that time, the doctor didn't want to confirm anything since it was just a yolk on the scan. Today, he finally confirmed that there was a baby inside (duh!) as we can see him/her move. It's all very exciting even if it is my second time round. My due date is 5 Nov.

I remember wanting to buy maternity clothes, and this time, as my baby will be born in a totally different season to my other baby, I am going to allow myself to buy some more! haha

My baby girl will be 1 yr old next Monday, so my babies will be around 17months apart. I cannot imagine what a nightmare that might be since my baby girl is a real cheeky monkey and wants to play 24/7.

I had her at Queen Elizabeth hospital last year and they were excellent there. My baby was also prematuire by 7 weeks, so she stayed in ICU for 15 days before coming homw to us. This time round, I am debating whether to go public or private as it was really difficult last time with the limited visting hours at public hospitals. I really needed my husband there when I couldn't see my baby (as she was in ICU and I was tied to a drip). Will see...

I also work full time but for myself so am more flexible with time. I really hope to meet you all soon!

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleFlower View Post
    Hi All,

Sorry I've been feeling a bit under the weather these past couple of days. It's awful. Poor baby hasn't been able to sleep with my constant coughing!!!

Re lunch, I think it'll be best for me to wait til next week - to let myself fully recover and also cos I'm anticipating a hectic week at work (with new club opening!!). Next Wed/Thur would be better for me. But if it's not suitable for others, then no worries!
    Sorry you've been so sick!! I hope you get better soon!!

My MIL is visiting, getting in next week on Tuesday, so I don't know if I can do lunch then - maybe I can sneak away though - I know I'll need a break ;)

And I heard the same thing about Tsan Yuk - that you can only register after 10 weeks (I'm 10 weeks tomorrow) - and only on Wednesday or Saturday. I think maybe I'll go register on Wednesday of next week, maybe...

ninahh is offline Registered User
    hi everyone,

i would love to join you guys for lunch, but as i work fulltime i can only manage on the weekend, or one of the upcoming public holidays.
    hope to meet you all soon
    nina

Smiles is offline Registered User
    Hi everyone

Just wondered if anyone had any advice re hospitals. At the moment I'm on the waiting list for Matilda but I have been accepted at the Adventist.

The Adventist want a deposit which is not returned if you decide not to go there. Has anyone heard good things re the Adventist? or is it a risk holding out for Matilda? slightly scary amount of money to pay what seems to be so early in a pregnancy!

P.S Wednesday or Thursday is good for me for lunch

Bubbly is offline Registered User
    Smiles,

I have heard good things about Adventist. They have a jacuzzi tub in the labour room to help ease the pain and the tub opens on the side so you don't have to climb out!

The rooms are nice too.

Why don't you go and have a look and see if you like the environment. I did tours of all the hospitals when I was pregnant with my first so that I know what I am paying for.

To be honest, the 'scare' about not getting a room was last year when a lot of mainlanders came to HK to give birth PLUS it was the year of the Golden Pig, which was super good to have babies. I am not sure if this year will be as congested as last, but none of my friends had problems in the end with their chosen hospital even if they were on waitlist, they got in. Hope that gives you some comfort.

Page 13 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Scroll to top