Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Due Oct-Dec 08??

kharel is offline Registered User
    Hello new mummy's,

I am due October 28th and this is our first - I foudn out 2 weeks ago and it was a wonderful surprise!! I haev been living in HK for 6 months and work full time in a hotel with long hours which is killing me right now. I am so tired and very weepy - I cry at nothing! Also in a bit of pain - similiar to period pain but apparently all normal.
    I have decided to try public care and have our first appt on Apirl 4 where we will hopefully book a bed - are you all doing private or public? Any ideas where is best for public?

So many questions...I can not wait to get big and show offmy bump - I haev already looked at www.topshop.com for fab trendy maternity bits I can ship over!!

rani is offline Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolejoy View Post
    I'm going to see Dr Dawkins - I've heard lots of good stuff about him but I haven't seen him yet.
    Dawkins is planning on leaving HK this summer. Best to check with his nurse.

tinks is offline Registered User
    Hi Ladies,

Can I join you? I'm 8w+5 and due October 5th and it's my first baby. I've had two scans already and it's just amazing seeing the baby.

Soon2bmum - I'm with Dr Ho too - he's lovely - I would definitely recommend him to anyone. I'm also booked into the Matilda.

Kharel - Wow you must be shattered working long hours. The good public hosptial is Queen Mary in Pokfulam (I think?....someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Mazamarie - Great that you don't have bad morning sickness. I've had it since week 4 and I'm constantly nauseaus. I've tried acupuncture which has helped a little. Everyone keeps telling me that m/s is good as it means your hormone levels are high, but when you're getting up in the night to be sick you just want it go to away. I too have found that constantly eating helps - I'll be the size of a house by the time the baby comes

Looking forward to getting to know you all over the coming months.

soon2bmom is offline Registered User
    Hooray!

This club is really happening! I'm so glad!

Well, I live in Tung Chung, so I guess it's really far away from anywhere around Central, which I guess is where most expats hang out? I've also just been in HK for a year.

If anyone is looking for an obgyn, I'm with Dr. Philip Ho and I found out that he was trained in Australia (UNSW, 1984, I saw his plaque in the waiting room). Coming from Australia myself, that gave me extra reassurance! :-). So if Dr. Dawkins is going back home, nicolejoy, maybe you can give Ho a try.

By the way, if anyone wants to take a tour at Matilda, Inty Ting is the Client Relations Manager, her tel is 28490355 and email is [email protected]

I've got to come up here everyday and chat from now on!

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by kharel View Post
    Hello new mummy's,

I am due October 28th and this is our first - I foudn out 2 weeks ago and it was a wonderful surprise!! I haev been living in HK for 6 months and work full time in a hotel with long hours which is killing me right now. I am so tired and very weepy - I cry at nothing! Also in a bit of pain - similiar to period pain but apparently all normal.
    I have decided to try public care and have our first appt on Apirl 4 where we will hopefully book a bed - are you all doing private or public? Any ideas where is best for public?

So many questions...I can not wait to get big and show offmy bump - I haev already looked at www.topshop.com for fab trendy maternity bits I can ship over!!
    You're due the same day as me!! Woohoo!!

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by rani View Post
    Dawkins is planning on leaving HK this summer. Best to check with his nurse.
    Thanks for letting me know. I might call and switch doctors. I haven't seen him yet so it's no big deal to switch now... if I meet him and love him, I won't wanna switch!!

soon2bmom is offline Registered User
    Still no morning sickness, this is week 6 already, kind of strange.....wondering if it's normal......

kharel is offline Registered User
    Anyone else in a bit of pain - it feels like a period pain but no bleeding or anything - as its my first I wonder if this is normal..???

Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Scroll to top