Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 20 of 57 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Due Oct-Dec 08??

Bubbly is offline Registered User
    Forgot to mention this also. For those of you looking for bras, NEVER buy ones with underwires as they become very uncomfortable. I bought those to begin with thinking they gave me more support, but they became really painful to wear.

I then switched to the simple Mothercare ones, which I used throughout pregnancy and also during breastfeeding months. Nothing sexy but very comfortable. So when you are choosing you might want to buy ones which you can use after birth as well, so you don't need to buy again.

Also, remember that you may need to sleep in these bras (as you will be leaking!) so best to get ones which are really comfortable!

MamanV is offline Registered User
    Hi Bubbly
    it's a good thing to know! Oh my god, as it is my first baby, I feel so clueless. There are so many things to learn!

I haven't bought anything really, for the baby or myself, I was quite scared to get too impatient and it would bring me bad luck.

I just bought new skirts that I could wear even if I was not pregnant with very comfortable belts (not too feel guilty...).

Am I the only one? or did you all go for a shopping spree as soon as you found out you were pregnant? lol

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbly View Post
    The other place you might like to have a look in is 0/3 in Harbour City, the cots are not bad either.
    Do you mean in TST??

I was in Jusco today in Taikoo Shing and saw some 0/3 brand cots there - they were GREAT - I loved them. I thought that the quality was about the same as the ones at Mothercare/B2B - but it was seriously about HALF the price. They're currently on sale for 20% off - and so you can get the cot AND mattress for around $1500 instead of more like $6000 at some of the other stores! One of the cots I was looking at looked practically the same as a $5000 one I'd seen earlier in the week!! I was really impressed!!

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbly View Post
    Forgot to mention this also. For those of you looking for bras, NEVER buy ones with underwires as they become very uncomfortable. I bought those to begin with thinking they gave me more support, but they became really painful to wear.
    I had to buy new bras today - I went from a 34B to a 36C - woohooo!! I got cheap ones because I figured I'm gonna get larger later on probably, and when I'm nursing and all that... I'll get proper nursing bras then - but for now, I don't want to waste money on the "intermediate size"... if I stay this size for the rest of the pregnancy, cool!! And I'll buy good bras later on anyway...

And MamanV - I've hardly bought anything for baby yet. A couple of little things because I don't want to have to spend SOOOO much later on. It's probably easier to shop bit by bit, I figure...

I don't really believe in the superstitions - but I did want to wait until I was past the first trimester at least for major things... I'm 12 1/2 weeks now so I'm a bit more "ok" to get stuff IF it's an awesome price...

Bubbly is offline Registered User
    I remember shopping for my baby was a nightmare! I would go ito a shop, look at all the different choices and then walk out stressed!!!

By the way, in case you are not aware, every August, there is a huge Baby Fair held at the Convention Centre. Lots of things like toys, diapers, formula, strollers, grobags, bumbo seats etc. go on sale there, so you might want to hold off shopping until you go to the fair. Don't know the dates yet though.

Smiles is offline Registered User
    MamanV

I'm reluctant to buy maternity clothes too at the moment. Had a look at a couple of places and they're pretty uninspiring (if anyone has good suggestions let me know, even H&M didn't look great!)

I've just bought some floaty dresses (phew we're going into summer!)

PurpleFlower is offline Registered User
    I went to Linea Negra and they had some nice stuff! - a bit on the expensive side though... Luckily, I didn't have TOO much time to shop! ;P

ninahh is offline Registered User
    try zara, they have really nice stuff there.
    had my 14 weeks scan yesterday. amazing, i could actually see eyes and the nose. unbelievable how fast the baby grows. everything is perfectly fine. except that i am too big. doc said i have to cut down my eating habit. :( not so easy when you are always hungry. i am actually not that big, but just compared to my weight i had before the pregnancy... oh my god, i've gained a lot, arghhh
    nice weekend to all of you
    nina

Page 20 of 57 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Scroll to top