Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 21 of 57 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Due Oct-Dec 08??

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

Does Zara have maternity? Or do they just have stuff that is larger around the stomach??

When I first found out I was pregnant, I was wanting to lose a couple of kg - not more than 5... and in my first trimester, I lost about 2-3kg - and I wasn't even sick! I wasn't particularly interested in food though...

I notice now that I'm going into my 2nd trimester that I'm a LOT more hungry all the time though, so I'm expecting to see my weight start going up soon probably ;)

nino is offline Registered User

Hi All,
    Zara does have a small selection of maternity clothes - maybe one rack in each shop I've been to. The sizing I've seen is M and L only (no Smalls).
    Ninahh, I know what you're going through. Every time I go for a doctor's appt, I cringe when they put me on the scale! The only real symptom I've had in the first few months (other than exhaustion) has been hunger - I always want to eat and I've even had to carry around snacks in my bag! I've just passed the 12 week mark so I'm hoping that my appetite will decrease. Not looking to lose weight, just not gain quite as quickly!

ninahh is offline Registered User

but maternity wear at zara is really nice. just baught a great pair of jeans and a dress for a wedding i have to go to in june. M and L is fine for me (i am not an S :( ) just have a look.
    i am on a healthy trip now, no more snacking in between, not so easy but really have to take care of my weight, as you said, nino, no need to loose weight, but not gaining that quickly :)

MamanV is offline Registered User

I love the maternity clothes at Zara! I definitely want that great denim skirt, but I am gonna wait and see if I put weight on everywhere or just get a big belly.
    I lost 4 kilos during the first trimester because I was sick and couldn't eat much.
    I am not really more hungry now. I've been so used to eating small portions regularly that I can't eat normal meals anyway.
    I eat breakfast at 6, a snack around 9.30, small lunch at 12, snack at 3 and then again at 5.30-6pm and then dinner at 8-8.30pm. The morning snack is sometimes a muffin or rice crackers (because I still need dry stuff for the sickness) but the afternoon snacks are only fruits and yoghurt. Dinner is only vegetables, I eat potatoes or rice at lunch. It seems to work quite well for me.
    Therefore, I don't look pregnant at all, which is quite frustrating! I get up in the morning wih a flat tummy, this morning I even saw my abs!
    I can't wait for it to show....

Smiles is offline Registered User

I know you have to be careful putting on too much weight during pregnancy. My sister put on a lot of weight in her pregnancy and the baby got too big to turn so she had no option but to have a c-section.

I've banned all snack foods from the house and have filled our fridge with fruit, yogurt and vevgetables. If you get the munchies at least this way you only have the option of something healthy.

I keep meaning to look into something like pre-natal yoga, has anyone tried it yet?

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

I'm trying to "snack healthy" too... but I've found I'm not as interested in chocolate as I usually am!! I have SOOOOOO much chocolate in the house - but at this rate, it'll still be all there when the baby is born!! Instead, I've been snacking on bananas, yogurt, nuts, seeds (like pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds etc...) - I WANT to eat all my chocolate coz it's just sitting there - but I'm just not that into it these days!!

Oh - about Zara again, is the maternity with the children's clothes? Or just with the women's clothes?? I generally go to Zara at IFC... and I've NEVER seen maternity - but I bet I'm just looking in the wrong place!!

PurpleFlower is offline Registered User

It's a really tiny section, just a rail. Ask the staff, they'll show you where it is!

My weight gain is quite strange, I gained slowly at the beginning and then at between 11-15weeks, I didn't gain any at all, then all of a sudden, it's gone up almost a kilo this past week! (maybe I just gave myself the 'green light' after seeing the same number for so long! :P ) Have been plotting it religiously against a chart that I'd downloaded, still on the ideal line! Hope it stays that way!

PurpleFlower is offline Registered User

OH! AND... I think I can feel the baby move!!!!!! A few times today now! So exciting!!!!:yeah2

Page 21 of 57 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Scroll to top