Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 23 of 57 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Due Oct-Dec 08??

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    I'm planning to go to Australia for Christmas - and my MIL has already invited her WHOOOLLLEEE family from Singapore/Malaysia to go and stay with her so they can all meet our then 2 month old!! That's grandma and 4 sets of aunties and uncles, and a few cousins too!!!

I'm already MIL ODing - she was here 6 weeks ago, again now... she wants to come for who knows how long in October/Nov to make sure I eat all the right foods and don't wash my hair ;) ;)

The Christmas thing is just... ugh - it'll probably put pressure on us to spend more time with her and less time with my family... and I figure, if she wants to come here more than my family can afford to, then when I go to Australia, it's fair if I spend more time with my fam and less with her right? ;) ;)

Smiles is offline Registered User
    I think now is the time to be miss bossy boots and make sure you get to see your family (I know you miss them). If you let the MIL call the shots now you'll have the rest of your life (well maybe hers) to put up with it.
    It's lovely that her family is excited to see the baby but you have to enjoy your time away as well. We can give you pep talks nearer the time!!

P.S we can also sneak you out for shampoo when she's here for the baby...

Bubbles is offline Registered User
    Hi I just posted a link below to a new thread - if anyone is into getting together during the week for dinner or the weekend for lunch.

I wish I could come to the lunch's in Central but I work fairly far.

http://www.geobaby.com/forum/dinner-...nd-t123692.htm

Sorry to hear about your MILL Nicole :(

ninahh is offline Registered User
    oh my, my mil is coming is three weeks. i've already told her that i don't want her here for the birth, but i think she kind of understood. lets see...
    bubbles- can't follow the link for the dinner, but just posted a message on the lunch link, saying if it would be possible to have a dinner or meet on the weekend, because i work too far away :)
    so i am happy to have dinner or meet on the weekend

PurpleFlower is offline Registered User
    Everyone's having scans!!! Nicole, I find it so funny that you MIL leaves today and your scan is "coincidentally" timed for tomorrow! :P

I just had my scan today, 17 weeks. Baby is SO big!!! Unlike last time, we couldn't see for sure whether it's a boy or girl though... :( (last time, it "looked like" it was a boy but was still too small to be 100%) We'll see...

Tinks - welcome back! My MIL and Nan-in-law (?) arrived from UK on that day too. They're really not the best flyers and it did scare them!!! Must have been around the same time, if not the same flight!

Ninno - how was your scan? You had it on Sat, right?

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleFlower View Post
    Everyone's having scans!!! Nicole, I find it so funny that you MIL leaves today and your scan is "coincidentally" timed for tomorrow! :P
    They could have done it today - but I told them tomorrow was more convenient ;)

I had a big talk with hubby about MIL today... I've just got a lot of frustration there - I wish I could "have it out" with her, be bluntly open about everything - but because of her culture/personality, if I did that, it'd pretty much ruin any hope of a decent relationship... I think it's not as "bad" as I probably sound - I'm just frustrated because I'd LIIKKEEE to have a GREAT relationship with her, but we're just not "naturally compatible personalities"...

I get along with her much better from a distance - or at least when we're not 24/7 in the same house!!

Anyways - I think I probably won't see her again now until October/November... we need to decide when is best for everyone to come visit - because she and my mum/sister all want to come over...

Bubbles is offline Registered User

Scan

Nicole - so sorry to hear about your MIL issues...you mentioned that she's from a different cultural background- do you think it's an issue for her that you're not from her cultural background?

I went for my first scan last Saturday - it was so neat. My hubby and I just laughed with joy. And were truly surprised when we found out that I'm almost 3 months preggers, not 2!! The doctor actually had to tell me to calm down b/c the laughter was interfering with the ultra-sound.

.........b

I think my MIL "likes me" and "thinks I'm good for her son" - but we just have cultural differences between me and her... We actually don't have any PROBLEMS as such - but just a lot of "unsaid" stuff - because that's how it tends to be in Chinese culture... I'm used to getting all my feelings out there and being "open"... for me "openness" and "closeness" are directly related... but it's not like that for everyone...

Ultrasound in 2 hrs! Hubby's home sick today - not majorly, just a bit of sneezing/coughing etc... he hadn't taken any sick days this year so why not...

Page 23 of 57 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Scroll to top