Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 27 of 57 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Due Oct-Dec 08??

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

Yep, that's my sister. I thought I'd put a photo up on here. That pic was from when she was visiting us in Hong Kong in January - we were on a junk in the harbour at the time ;)

MamanV - I'm only really wearing skirts or tracksuit pants these days - but I don't like ANY skirts that I've seen anywhere!! H&M didn't seem to have ANY that I really liked!!

Oh - I found the maternity section in Zara at IFC and I saw this GORGEOUS black dress that I want!! I wanna go to Times Square some time and look at their stuff too...

gladyswly is offline Registered User

newly joined

Hello all,

It's not easy to read 27pages to catch up with you guys.

It's so wonderful to see everyone is sharing news and information. I need it so much since it is our first baby, and I am the first to be pregnant among my friends and in my family, also my mum and my future-MIL don't seem to care much... so noone's telling me what to do or what not to do, I'm totally lost sometimes.

By calculation from my LMP, I'm in week 12. But I just did my first scan last Saturday in Matilda, it shows I'm only in week 8! Which means a whole month more of puking ahead of me...

Can't wait to talk more about babies with you all!!

Gladys

Smiles is offline Registered User

Well Gladys if it's advice and girlie preggers chat you need you've definately come to the right place!

Does your MIL and mum live in HK?
    My mum isn't showing much interest either (I've given up asking when they'll come over to see the baby when it's born). However my MIL is so keen I think I'll be fighting her off when the baby is born.

I actually find the best advice comes from people who are going through it while you are, it's great to share experiences.

PurpleFlower is offline Registered User

Hey Gladys! I live in Tung Chung too! I get so excited when people live so "far out" as well! :P

GeorginaL1 is offline Registered User

Question antenatal classes

Just wondering if anyone else has been advised to book antenatal classes yet? When i was booked into the Matilda, back in Feb when i had just found out, they were already full for Oct deliveries. Panicing that this will be the same for antenatal - anyone already secrured a place?

ninahh is offline Registered User

when do you actually start antenatal classes? i haven't thought about it much yet.

Bubbly is offline Registered User

Had my OSCAR test last week and the results are VERY low risk, so that's that out of the way. The baby was very active when we had the scan which was really cute! They couldn't tell the gender though, really would have liked to know, have to wait another 6 weeks now before the next one!

I think I felt the baby this morning, it felt like a little kick from him/her, it was really exciting. Have any of you felt anything yet? I remember with my first one, I didn't even realised that those were kicks until the doctor 'taught' me what the feeling was! So watch out for those!

On a totally different note, as mnay of you are NETs, just wondering if any of you know any NETs who are looking for full time or part time work? they must be able to work Saturdays. If you know anyone, would really appreciate if you could let me know! You could PM me directly.

gladyswly is offline Registered User

thank you everyone for the welcome notes, you are all so sweet!!

Smiles > my mum is in Hong Kong but my future-MIL is in the US. It's weird cuz my FMIL is baby-crazy, last year when my fiance's sister-in-law was pregnant, she reported to us everyday how her tummy grows, how they prepare the baby room, how her m/s goes, that was just annoying. And how it's my turn, nothing happens. We visited her in the past easter holiday, and we stayed in her house for almost ten days, she loves me. Maybe it's just the distance apart which brings the coolness in the relationship.

My mum is in HK, can't blame it on the distance. Maybe because my mum is Chinese? Or maybe she's simply not a baby-woman. She didn't offer to help taking care of the baby when it's born, honestly I felt disappointed, it seems like she is not very supportive and she doesn't love the baby. We decided to hire a full-time helper later.

PF > I'm happy to know someone from the same area too!! where do you live in TC? I live in CC!!

Georgina > What kind of antenatal classes are you planning to go? information based or exercise based? I know Matilda has something called 'Antenatal Parentcraft Classes' which is information based. It mainly talks about things you need to know about labour and baby care. It starts from 28weeks of pregnancy, and lasts for six weeks (Should be one class every week). The cost is 2k per couple, including lecture notes, small gift pack and light refreshments. I got the pamphlet while I was walking through the hospital, I'm sure they have more than this.

Hope it helps.

Gladys

Page 27 of 57 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Scroll to top