Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 29 of 57 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Due Oct-Dec 08??

gladyswly is offline Registered User
    How are you girls doing? I'm so weak now.. I puked at 2something in the morning in the middle of my sleep.. again.. it's not the first time.. the puking thing is just random.. every morning, evening and night, even i'm sleeping it can wake me up.. it's just so hard to have baby.. I cried all the time.. feeling tired and sleepy all the time.. stomach hurts all the time, nausous and puking all the time.. I missed work today and I went to the doctor, he said I am dehydrated from the excessive puking, and that if I don't rest myself and drink plenty of fluid, I will collapse very soon and need to have IV in the hospital! :(

tinks is offline Registered User
    Hi Gladys & welcome - So sorry to hear you're suffering from awful 'morning' sickness. I've had it from week 4 and I'm week 18 now but it is easing a little. Have you tried drinking full sugar coke? Bad for your teeth, I know, but it works wonders with an upset stomach. Up until 12 weeks my sickness would wake me up during the night too and drinking coke was the only way I could get back to sleep. Salt & Vinegar crisps also worked a treat too. I really hope you don't need to go into hospital.

Nino - Was your scan today or Saturday? Got a memory like a sieve at the moment. If it was today, I hope it went well and if it's Saturday - good luck.

Lovely to meet Nicole, Nino and Smiles yesterday - nice to put a face to a name.

Hello to everyone else.

Bubbly is offline Registered User
    hi gladys, sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. It's all part of pregnancy and will soon pass, so hang in there!

For antenatal class, I went to Canossa for my first, and it was great. I remember it was much cheaper than Matilda and Annerley, but the only thing is I am not sure if they run English speaking classes (I am sure they should), so call to check.

Nicolejoy & ninahh, I have sent you both a PM regarding NET positions. THanks in advance for your help!

Bubbles is offline Registered User
    Glady's sorry to hear that you're feeling under the weather :(

Is anyone else delivering at St. Teresa? I've heard great things about them...just hoping all goes well.
    ...............b
    Last edited by Bubbles; 05-02-2008 at 12:05 PM.

Smiles is offline Registered User
    Gladys I've heard ginger (for example ginger biscuits) is good for morning sickness....try also eating regular small things during the day.

Hope you feel better, make sure you get plenty of rest. Don't forget you are a very important person doing a very important job (i.e growing a baby!)

gladyswly is offline Registered User
    Thank you everyone for the warm caring notes, that's so sweet and thoughtful of all of you

tinks > I've never tried full sugar coke because I heard that coke is not good for the baby as it has caffeine? I did try saltine crackers though as my future-MIL suggested, but it didn't work any.

Bubbly > About the antenatal class you had in Canossa, what was it about? Was there exercise or just sit in circle and talk? And where is Annerley? Is it a hospital or a clinic thing?

Smiles > My doctor suggested ginger bisuits too, and my fiance bought me a pack of ginger cookies. I am not sure if it works for me though.. ;P I can only eat one to two pieces at a time because it is too filling, I didn't puke right after that, so maybe it works?

It is very nice to meet Ninah, Bubbles, Nino, and Nicole tonight, you are all so nice and sweet. Hope to see you again soon!

tinks is offline Registered User
    Gladys - Yes, coke does have caffeine in it, but I took the approach that I wasn't drinking tea or coffee or eating chocolate so the amount I was having was negligable. They recommend you have less than 300mg of caffeine a day, which is about 6 cups of coffee - not sure how much is in a can of coke but I'm sure it's much less. You can get caffeine free coke, so may be try that. Hope you have a puke free weekend ;-)

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    I think that ONE coffee or tea or coke is fine...

Does Chinese tea have caffeine? Anyone know? *shrugs* I drink it coz over here, it's kinda drink that or pay for drinks in a lot of places ;)

Someone asked me for the first time today if I was pregnant! I've been wearing low waisted things usually, but today, I wore an empire waist dress and it showed a bit more of a bump. It's not a maternity dress - but it's the kind of dress that unless you're SUPER SKINNY, anyone would look pregnant in it ;)

Went to a wedding, came back home in between ceremony and reception, about to go to reception now. I'm not too keen on Chinese receptions - I like Chinese "poor man's food" better than all the delicacies (although I LOOVVEEE the suckling pig!!) - but I'm sure I won't starve ;)

Page 29 of 57 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Scroll to top