Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Due Oct-Dec 08??

soon2bmom is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by kharel View Post
    Anyone else in a bit of pain - it feels like a period pain but no bleeding or anything - as its my first I wonder if this is normal..???
    I have two types of pain, one is like very mild period pain; the other one is more well localized to my right ovary. But I don't need to take pain killers or anything, sleeping makes the pain go away a little. No bleeding or spotting..... but I don't know if it's normal or not. But I guess no bleeding is always a good thing.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    I don't have morning sickness - but I feel a BIT more queasy - like TINY waves of nausea - but it's nothing major... if it doesn't get worse, I'll have an easy pregnancy ;)

I get a bit of pain/cramping... and last night I had a sharp pain in my left side... I don't think it was anything major though... I read to "look out for" localised pain - if it is ALL on the left side, then it may be ectopic... and also bleeding... and I haven't had either. I've had some pain only on the left, some only on the right - it's kinda all over the place - but not consistently one spot.

Oh - and I just cancelled my appt with Dr Dawkins. He's leaving in July and I don't want to have to switch doctors when I'm 6 months pregnant. Now to make another appointment with someone else!!

I'm trying to figure out the whole health insurance thing, exactly how much we're covered, and whether it's better financially to go public or private...

Quote Originally Posted by soon2bmom View Post
    (we are with Dr. Philip Ho)
    I just booked an appt with him for Tuesday. He was HEAPS easier to get into than Dr Dawkins - and just from the one phonecall, his staff seemed nicer too!! But obviously I've never met either of the doctors yet... I'm looking forward to Tuesday though!! I'll be 6 weeks on Tuesday so hopefully we'll be able to see a heartbeat!!

audlin is offline Registered User
    Hi Girls

I've just found out that I am preggers with baby number two, and number one is only 5 months old. Ahhhh! Baby 2 is due 31 October - by my estimation, though seeing the Dr for the first time on Monday so should have more confirmed then. No morning sickness yet though only had mild nausea first time round so not expecting anything major. Good tip - anything with ginger in it is good for nausea and sickness - biscuits, tea, cake etc.

If it is any help to anyone choosing between private and public, Charlotte was born at Queen Mary's, Pok Fu Lam, and I cannot fault their care, especially as she was 6 weeks premature and was in ICU for a while.

I would love to join your group, as long as you don't mind me dragging along my daughter Charlotte to any lunches we have. I was, and still am, a member of last October's GeoBaby group and I am looking forward to getting to know all of you too.

tomato1234 is offline Registered User

Happy to join you guys!

Hi, I am currently in the 7th week and will be due around mid-Oct. I just a trans-vaginal ultrasound in Shanghai and the doctor saw my baby in the uterus but the heartbeat is not obvious yet. I will go back to Hong Kong next week and have another checkup at a private clinic in two weeks. One of my hubby's coworkers recommend Lucy Lord and her associate Grace Cheung. Anyone been with one of them?
    BTW, I live in Bel Air, anyone close?

tomato1234 is offline Registered User

So much alike!

Just read though the messages on this thread and happy to find out i have so much in common with you guys. I have some mild pain in the ab and on both sides sometimes too and I have to eat constantly to keep myself away from nausea as well. It seems that morning sickness is growing serious in this week but I haven't threwn up yet. Wish it just go this far!

Welcome Audlin!! Your babies will be close together!! I had a friend who last year had her two only 11 months apart!! It has it's benefits though I suppose!!

All this insurance stuff is giving me a headache... I don't know what to do hospital-wise... and I hate that we have to decide so soon!! Hopefully I'll be able to figure more out in this next week when I go to see the doctor and everything... *sigh*

I've been procrastinating about EVERYTHING since I found out I was pregnant. I haven't done any ironing for over a week and I have a huge pile to do!! I feel like a lazy bum!!

soon2bmom is offline Registered User
    Hi ladies!

Today the pain in my lower ab is better, and when it does hurt, it's like a bit on the left and then a bit on the right....I've been reading lots online about ectopic and miscarriage and scarying myself crazy. I was like taking my pants off every couple of minutes to see if there was any blood! Ha Ha! So silly of me! I'm just gonna relax and try to be cool until the next prenatal check up.

Nicolejoy, lucky for you that you can see your baby next Tuesday! My first scan will be next Friday. I so can't wait! By the way, there's a Bossini right across the street from where Dr. Ho's office is, and that shop carries some basic maternity clothes, like cardigans, jeans, tops, nothing too cute or fancy, I already bought some and am wearing them trying to look more pregnant than I actually am!
    Last edited by soon2bmom; 02-29-2008 at 12:32 PM.

Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Scroll to top