Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 30 of 57 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Due Oct-Dec 08??

PurpleFlower is offline Registered User
    My husband read up on the link between caffeine and pregnancy and he seems to remember that, new studies show, over 200mg of caffeine in the first trimester would increase the risk of miscarriage from 1 in 12 to 1 in 4! In any case, significantly higher, and recommended not to have any at all if poss (in the first tri at least). British gov recommends throughout preg, max 300mg.

Googled caffeine in drinks and coffee has approx 100-175, can of coke has 34mg (diet coke has even higher - 46mg), English tea has up to 60mg. Whereas sprite has none and green tea has 15mg.

Annerley is in Central. They provide ante-natal and post-natal services. There aren't any doctors there though, they mainly provide classes, doulas and mother-baby groups.

ninahh is offline Registered User
    HPW, i PM you!! Sorry for the late reply :)
    how is everyone else? it was great meeting some of you guys last friday. we definately have to do it again.
    i have my next scan on friday, maybe we can see the sex by then. i am verty excited and can't wait buying babystuff.
    have a nice day
    nina

RUCHEE is offline Registered User
    [QUOTE=gladyswly;I'm so weak now.. I puked at 2something in the morning in the middle of my sleep.. again.. it's not the first time.. the puking thing is just random.. every morning, evening and night, I am dehydrated from the excessive pukin :([/QUOTE]

HI!!!!GLADYS

EVEN I WAS IN SAME SITUATION....I TRIED COKE AFTER EATING SOMETHING AND IT REALLY WORKED ....I TOOK SMALL QTY AS A CAN WOULD HARM THE BABY.
    YOU CAN EVEN TRY FORMANCE PLUS (PREGNANCY DRINK)AS IT HAS VANILLA......N ALL THE ESSANTIAL B VITAMINS........USUALLY I DON'T PUKE AFTER DRINKING IT AND FEEL ENERGETIC.REMEMBER TO KEEP YOURSELF HYDRATED ALL THE TIME AS THIS WILL HELP YOU KEEP NAUSEA AWAY.YOU CAN EVEN TRY POKARI SWEAT (IF YOU LIKE THE TASTE)
    Last edited by RUCHEE; 05-05-2008 at 02:54 PM.

Bubbly is offline Registered User
    Gladys,

The class in Canossa was a mixture of talks and also includes an exercise class (practising some prenatal exercise) and also breathing. In general, i think it was quite good and reasonable for price.

Smiles is offline Registered User
    Has anyone found a good GP? I've had a nasty stomach bug (really not been much fun) so next time would like to be more prepared in case a visit to the doctor is needed!

It's hard not to get a little paranoid about how your baby is when you're sick.

I know what you mean about being paranoid! I'd started feeling the baby kick for a few days in a row a couple of weeks ago. Then, one evening, I was walking too fast and walked into a turnstile of the MTR before it had released! I got a bit of a blow to the tummy, just above the pelvic region.... Didn't feel the baby move for days after that! Was so worried! I think for the past two weeks, I'd only felt the odd occasional movement, unlike the fairly strong flicks that i was getting before! I'm pretty sure I felt some kicks this morning again and will just pass it as the baby turned into a position where I couldn't feel him for the past two weeks...!

tinks is offline Registered User
    Smiles - Sorry to hear you've had a stomach bug - hope you're feeling better now. Although I registered with a GP surgery when I first came to HK last year I haven't actually used them so can't comment if they're any good/if I feel comfortable with them. I registered with Drs. Owens, Trodd & Partners in Central Tel: 2521 3181 if that helps.

PF - I've also been feeling the baby kick and then a few days where he/she seems very quiet. I've taken to drinking lots of iced water to get it moving about so I can feel it - I do feel a bit mean as I'm sure the baby is quite happy sleeping and then I wake it up by drinking my ice cold water!!

Page 30 of 57 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Scroll to top