Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 36 of 57 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Due Oct-Dec 08??

PurpleFlower is offline Registered User
    Congrats Bubbles!!! Isn't it just the most amazing feeling?!?!?

Smiles, I'm sure your hubby will start to feel it soon! Mine's been kicking me lots these past few days, getting stronger and stronger and, yesterday, my hubby managed to feel it with his hand on my belly for the first time!!!! It did take him several attempts though, cos, the first few times he put his hand on my belly (in the morning), the kicking stopped... :P It was only in the evening (for some reason, baby seemed to have gone crazy with his kicks!) that he finally felt it! I'm 22 weeks tomorrow! Argghhh!!

kharel is offline Registered User
    Ok - anetnatal classes I went to QMH and it was a total joke - i did not learn anything and do not feel reassured at all.

I am now booking my course at Annerley which is a bit more privey but I want to be prepared.

On another note which one of you ladies is giving birth at QMH??

Hey Kharel! Were you at the talk last Wednesday? I was there too!!! It was a bit of a joke... Well, the only thing is they will only let your husband be present at the birth if he's been to the antenatal talks with you (I think). Will you be doing the antenatal exercise classes there? Probably going to be just as informative as the talks but have to do at least the birth ball one in order to be allowed to use it in labour - not sure how useful the ball is but, worth keeping the options open!

Will sign up with Annerley but will do the hypnobirthing course instead - they said they pretty much cover the same stuff as "Babies and beyond" except for the pain relief part, obviously! Which course are you going to do? When?

Bubbles is offline Registered User

Hypno-birth

It was good meeting everyone last night - so sorry about making you all trek to Kowloon (I thought there were more of us on the dark side!?)

I wanted to know more about the hypno-birth that someone mentioned last night - it sounded really good.

Cheers,
    b

Purple flower yes i was at the talk last week, I am goign this week also but dragging a friend with me as my husband can not make it, he came last week though. Did you two have to sign something to say you both attended? We didnt so I'm wondering how they knnow if you have been or not?
    I am also doing the hypno birthing - not decided on date yet but definitly with Annerley - shall we try and do them at the same time? It would be fun if we went together!!

Bubbles Annerley midwives do a great hypnobirthing course 5 sessions for 3400 HKD - take a look at the link below for more info on it all.

http://www.hypnobirthing.co.uk/hypno...research.shtml

Hi all, Katie here

It was great to meet you last night, we really must do it again - its so nice to be in a group where we all understand what each other are goign through!!

Here are the books and DVD's I have been reccommended by friends who have babies and I have also purchased....

The DVD of Happiest baby on the block is great..
    http://www.thehappiestbaby.com/

These books are an apparent life saver in the first year...
    http://www.shopinhk.com/the-contente...nf-pr-527.html

http://www.shopinhk.com/secrets-of-t...ni-pr-307.html

Speak soon,
    Katie
    Last edited by rani; 05-27-2008 at 12:32 PM. Reason: links updated

Pixie is offline Registered User

Dinner Last Night

Kimberly here. Such fun meeting you all last night! Really enjoyed our dinner together and look forward to doing another one again soon:yeah2

Thanks so much Katie for passing along all the great info....I'll definitely check out the books & DVD!

Cheers,
    K

Hey Kharel,

You should have a little white card that was given to you at one of your first visits. Stapled on that, there's a little blue piece of paper, with a table all in Chinese - that's the card you're supposed to give them and they put a little stamp on if you turned up and if your hubby turned up. Did you register when you got there?

I'll be doing the exercise classes there tomorrow too.

Haven't booked for the hypnobirthing course yet, will do it soon. Most prob do one at the end of July. Would have prefered to do it earlier but the one before that starts in June and it clashes with some of our other appointments (I think with the exercise classes). Called them up and they have classes lined up for 30/7-27/8 (Monday lunchtimes) and 23/7-20/8 (Wednesday evenings). Most prob will do the Monday lunchtime cos they say they have fewer people for lunchtimes, hence get more time to practise/ask questions. What's your schedule like? Anyone else interested in these???

Page 36 of 57 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Scroll to top