Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 37 of 57 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Due Oct-Dec 08??

kharel is offline Registered User
    Purple flower no they did not give me the card - I am panicking a bit now that my husband will not be allowed into delivery room with me?? !! Is that really the case as he can not make tonight and so I was going to bring a friend...

PurpleFlower is offline Registered User
    male friend or female friend? (If male, he can act as hubby for the day!) :P

I've just checked the wad of leaflets they gave us at the first appt. It says "The accompanying person should attend the antenatal talks and exercise classes together with you". Did you register at the counter last time? I know the lady in front of me didn't bring her card either and they stamped another slip for her. Maybe what you should do today is to let them know that you didn't realise you had to register last time and see what they say?

I'll PM you my mob, you can give me a call when you get there?

nino is offline Registered User

Antenatal Class

Hi Everyone,
    I've been looking into antenatal classes and am wondering if anyone has any input or suggestions on what to take and/or where to go.
    What exactly should I be learning in antenatal classes? I suspect I need to learn quite a bit - from understanding how the hospitals here work, to getting through delivery, options for pain relief, as well as what to do with a baby (breastfeeding, sleeping, eating, etc, etc). I feel like I know very little about anything and have sort of been putting it off...
    Any info would be much appreciated!
    Oh, and it was really nice to meet everyone at dinner Monday night - looking forward to seeing everyone soon!

kharel is offline Registered User
    Purple flower - I only just got your message!! I was there last night - you may have seen me, English girl wearing white cropped pants and a black top??

They stamped my card for this week and last week and next week my husband will also come so the nurse said this is ok.

Nino- whichever hospital you are registered too will provide this service so I would suggest you contact them and ask when the calsses start. If not then you can book a course with Annerley midvies who seem to be the best out here....

PurpleFlower is offline Registered User
    Haha! I really don't think I'd remember who wore what!! Sorry! Are you quite tall with short curly hair? Saw a tall English girl with another pregnant friend there... so thought maybe that was you?

Anyway, Nino, Annerley does private half hour sessions that you can book with them for them to go through the HK process. Have you booked a hospital yet?

Oh, Kharel, the ladies at Annerley did mention that they can provide a certificate to say that your husband attended antenatal classes there with you and it's supposedly good enough for QMH to allow your husband in. Haven't checked this out with the hospital staff so we didn't want to count on it....

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    Hey everyone,

I'm back from Europe - glad to see you guys had a great time at the dinner last week!!

I've been feeling the baby move now - at first (around 15-16 weeks), I wasn't quite sure of it, whether it was the baby or just my imagination - but the past couple of weeks, it's been getting much more strong, and I can feel definite kicks now!! So cool!! I'm 19 weeks now, and hubby is sooooo jealous that he can't feel the baby yet. I hope he can feel it soon!!

My tummy seems to have popped a bit - but that could be because on the cruise, I was having 3 course meals for lunch AND dinner, WITH snacks in between!! I ate SO much it's crazy... People are starting to notice my tummy now though. I haven't been on the MTR since I got back so who knows if they'll stand up for me yet ;) That's one milestone I can't wait to reach!!

I still need to register at Queen Mary - they said North Point is too far away for them so I sent myself some mail at my FIL's house in Mid-levels - I'll be "living" there... hopefully that's good enough proof of address for them!! I might try registering tomorrow...

I have my 20 week scan next week - I can't wait!! I haven't had an ultrasound since 13 weeks so I know the change will be amazing!!

nino is offline Registered User
    Thanks for the suggestions - with some searching I found the classes on the Adventist website. They offer one class that covers almost everything I want to know (for now). May do some additional classes with Annerley but will see how this goes for now. Anyone else doing classes at Adventist? Does anyone have suggestions on when to do the classes? I keep thinking the sooner the better, just in case.
    Thanks again!

Smiles is offline Registered User
    I was told to take classes when you 28+weeks, if you do it too early you might forget everything (esp if you have a memory like mine) although I'm sure you could do something closer to the time as well.
    I have a friend doing her classes at Adventist this month. I think they alternate between doing them in English and Cantonese each month.

I really should get organised as well

P.S we found out we're having a girl! Very excited, and by the looks of things already she is defniately going to be daddy's little girl!

Page 37 of 57 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Scroll to top