Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 43 of 57 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Due Oct-Dec 08??

PurpleFlower is offline Registered User
    Hey Nina,

You can try this website:

http://shop.babyworld.co.uk/DisplayD...spx?which=1856

They say they ship overseas but not sure how much it'd cost...

ninahh is offline Registered User
    PF- you can check the website maxi-cosi.com, have a look at the maxi cosi city cx, it comes with a flat carry cot. there is also a number for hong kong, will try again on monday. see what they say. thanks for your tip, will definately have a look.

Bubbly is offline Registered User
    Purpleflower,

For sheets, you either buy flat sheets or fitted sheets (the ones with elastic at the corners). You do not need both. The advantage of flat sheets are that they fit any size cots, whereas the advantage of fitted ones are that they will not come out eve if the baby pulls or turns or does whatever in the cot (which they do). I love fitted ones as it's so easy to change sheets but of course you need to find the right size. Mothercare should have all sizes.

The only thing other than sheets you need will be protective cover (waterproof) for the mattress, so that if the baby wets the bed, spill things on it or vomits, it won't damage the mattress.

Ninah,

In HK, most strollers sold do not come with a carry cot, the exceptions are Bugaboo and Chicco. An alternative that people do is use a carseat carry cot which fits onto a lot of strollers. I have one of these strollers and also a Jacadi Maxi cosi car seat for sale so I can photograph it to show you what I mean.
    Hope that helps.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleFlower View Post
    Nicole, was that the ultrasound at QMH? I agree that the staff at Tsan Yuk/QMH seem very nice.... but the follow up appointments do really seem pointless! You'll definitely need a book for those! They just do the routine check you urine, bp and then you wait to see another nurse who checks your fundal height and listen to the heartbeat (I admit the first couple of times hearing it was really exciting) but now when you spend all that time waiting to just hear the 2 seconds.....
    That appointment was at Tsan Yuk hospital - they did the ultrasound there.

My next appointments are going to be somewhere in North Point. I'm happy - it's less than 5 minutes from my house! And my appointment is at 9am, so hopefully I get in quickly because that should be one of the first appointments of the day. I'll go a little earlier just to be sure...

We bought an NDS today so I've got some other mindless entertainments for waits etc ;)

ninahh is offline Registered User
    went baby shopping yesterday!!! we've spend tons of money, but are ready for the little one to come out.
    bought a stroller from chico. it can be flat for newborns and we can also put a chico car seat on it. quite expensive, but hopefully worth the prize.
    no chance to get a maxi cosi in hong kong. every shop just has the carseat but not the stroller. anyway, the systen is the same and chico is a good brand too.
    nina

kharel is offline Registered User
    I just bought the Mclaren MX3 - it was secodn hand and only 500 HKD brand new and you can use it from birth but it seems huge - its 3 wheels but it feels so hard to move around!! Any advice??

Husband and I are shopping this weekend for other bits. Is anyone else feelign a bit scared? It seems so close now?

PurpleFlower is offline Registered User
    We went shopping yesterday too! How scary!!! It all seems so real now! Lots of pregnant women around! We went to Mothercare, B2B and Eugene. Checked out all the prices and stuff but didn't have time to go back to B2B - they close so early! (I think the talk of me going shopping with you guys made hubby feel a bit threatened! :P)

Nina, which model did you buy? We will be getting the Trio 4 me...

kmalia is offline Registered User
    Wow, sounds like you guys are having lots of fun shopping! I've been trying to wait for my 20 week scan (next week) to start, but I'm getting impatient!

On another note, my bump is definitely 'popping' and my most exciting purchase this weekend was some maternity jeans from Zara! They seem to only have a few different styles of maternity pants, but they are a lifesaver as somehow overnight none of my clothes fit!

Page 43 of 57 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Scroll to top