Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 48 of 57 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Due Oct-Dec 08??

PurpleFlower is offline Registered User
    Tell me about it! That drink is disgusting and I had to do it TWICE!!! The first time simply cos family history. Result was negative. Second time was the routine "everyone had to do it" at around 30 weeks. That one came back slightly high - unfortunately. Hence I'm now on this "diet" to keep my blood sugar level throughout the day.... and THEN I had to go in to TY for the WHOLE DAY (9am-8.30pm) to do the glucose profile - eating their crappy food the whole day "according to my diet plan" and them measuring my blood sugar level 2 hours after each meal. It was NOT pleasant! That's come back fine but apparently I still need to be careful with my diet....

Stupid thing is I was only over by 0.2mmol! Some of the other ladies there were over by 2+mmol! Every urine test has been normal - they're not very accurate.

Fingers crossed you don't have to go through that though nic!

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    With Tsan Yuk, is it routine everyone has to do it? Coz I'm with them too - so maybe I will have to do it, just as routine!!

That's crazy, you had to hang around at TY from 9am to 8:30pm?? There's not much exactly to do out there!! ;)

Bubbles is offline Registered User

Weight Gain

I feel bad for all the moms delivering at Tsan Yuk :( Perhaps their just being thorough...

*I thought this was super interesting, it's breakdown of where all that gorgeous baby fat is begin allocated to:

How much weight should I put on during pregnancy?

First and foremost, it is important to accept that you are going to put on weight during pregnancy! You are meant to because your body is growing and changing to give your baby the best start in life. Here's where the extra weight comes from:

? At birth, your baby will weigh approximately 3,300g (7.3lb).

? During pregnancy, the muscle layer of your womb (uterus) grows dramatically and weighs an extra 900g (2lb).

? The placenta (afterbirth), which keeps your baby nourished, weighs 600g (1.3lb).

? Your breasts weigh an extra 400g (0.9lb).

? Your blood volume increases and weighs an extra 1,200g (2.6lb)
    ? You have extra fluid in your body, and amniotic fluid around the baby, weighing 2,600g (5.7lb).

? Plus, you will lay down some fat during your pregnancy to provide you with extra energy for breastfeeding. This comes to about 2,500g (5.5lb).

So, by the end of pregnancy you will weigh about 11,000g (24.2lb) more than you did before you became pregnant. This is an average weight gain but of course, you're not an average woman. And no woman is. Our pregnancy weight gain estimator can give you a more personalised indication of what you might gain. The amount of weight you should gain will depend on how heavy you were before you became pregnant. Or more accurately, on what your body mass index (BMI) was (see Calculating your Body Mass Index (BMI), below).

...........b

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
    ? Your breasts weigh an extra 400g (0.9lb).
    Each?? ;)

hehe - that was interesting though!!

ninahh is offline Registered User
    indeed very interesting. just came back from my appointment and the doctor told me that i've gained too much weight, AGAIN!! pretty annoying these doctors :) the worst thing was, that my husband sat next to my smiling. and when we left the first thing he said was, see i told you so... i wish he could be pregnant one day to experience all the suffering we go through. anyway, my breast probably put on 1000g each already, but i am pretty sure it'll all go away very soon. lets all go for looong walks with the babies later :)
    nina

At least when the babies are all born, it'll be winter so it won't be so painful to be outside then!! The last few weeks, I've been staying indoors all the time because I can't take the heat!!

mscheerful is offline Registered User
    Well, your baby does give you some extra weight but as soon as he/she is running, the extra weight will be shaken off. S/he makes you fat and s/he will make you thin too. For now, enjoy and eat!

Bubbles is offline Registered User

Weight Gain :(

Nina - for whats it's worth I can really not tell that you've gained 'too much'...I think the scales must be lying!! And yes perhaps it's time for hubby to be preggers!

Nicole - the heat is totally getting to me as well! I was always the one who put the heat up and lately I'm just a flaming furnace. At least these past few days haven't been too bad.

xox b

Page 48 of 57 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
Scroll to top