Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Due Oct-Dec 08??

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

I haven't really had that problem...

I just got back from my appt with Dr Ho though - it was soooo cool!! We could see the baby's heart beat - and there's only ONE baby (thank God!!) - and everything looks fine so far!! I've gotta go back in about 3 weeks...

kharel is offline Registered User

Ok - booked in to get my hair highlighted on Saturday - my hairdresser does not go right to the root so I think this is ok?? Any advice? x

tinks is offline Registered User

Soon2bmom - Have you tried peppermint tea? I always find that works if I'm a bit windy or have tummy problems!

Nicolejoy - Congrats on seeing the heartbeat - you must be so relieved. How many weeks are you now?

Kharel - I've had my hair highlighted (with foils) whilst I've been pregnant and it all turned out ok.

soon2bmom is offline Registered User

tinks, thanks for that, I will certainly give that a try!

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

My calculation says 6 weeks today, but the doc said looking at the size and everything, maybe only 5 1/2 or so - but I should have a better idea of a due date at my next appointment in 3 weeks - I'll be somewhere around 9 weeks then... it's a relief to see the heartbeat though because the "odds" for miscarriage goes down from about 15% to 2% when you see the heart beat - and that's been a big fear of mine. My mum had a miscarriage when I was around 12 or so, and the thought of possibly losing my FIRST has been freaking me out... it took me long enough to get pregnant!! (over a year!!)

I took my hubby to the appointment as well - and the doc told us no "loving" for the next month lol

tinks is offline Registered User

Nicole - Yeah, Dr Ho also told us that we couldn't have "intercourse" until the end of the 1st tri. Poor hubby although I'm not that bothered as I don't feel in the mood at the moment - I just feel so sick most of the time.

soon2bmom is offline Registered User

That's also what Dr. Ho told us (yes, I dragged my husband along, too) at our first appointment. It doesn't bother me too much at the moment. Although I don't really throw up, I just feel sick and easily annoyed most of the time...

It was so funny that at the end of the last appointment, Dr. Ho said "next time we will do an ultrasound and we will be able to know whether it's one or two!" I think he probably just says that to everyone, but it's got my husband really excited! Now he keeps thinking it's two! I wonder how you breastfeed twins, is it possible to do two at the same time? :-)

RidingC is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by soon2bmom View Post
    Hi ladies,

There's no more pain in my lower abdomen, but my stomach is killing me! I can hear lots of air and acid moving around in my stomach. This morning when I woke up, it was actually a little painful, I'm worried that it'll just worsen over time.

Anyone else has the same problem? What are your tried remedies?

Thanks!
    Gastric problem is very common among pregnant women. My stomach was killing me when I was about 5-6 weeks pregnant. Then I did some research and found ways to fight this problem. Now I am at 9 weeks and it's getting better.

Things you can do to help:
    1. Eat slowly to avoid drawing air into your body. When you eat fast you actually swallow a lot of air which are then trapped as air pockets in your gut.

2. Do not eat raw veggi. They produce a lot of gas when being digested.

3. Avoid onions, cabbage, fried food, rich sauces, sugary stuff, and beans.

Hope this helps.

Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
Scroll to top