Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Due Oct-Dec 08??

kharel is offline Registered User

Yea next week is good for me too - what about next Thursday night??

Chico seems to be the favourite - I just want to be able to lie him totally flat!

I am getting a bit scared that it is all so close now= I have already started stock piling nappies!!

kmalia is offline Registered User

I'm not even due until end of November and I'm already nervous! But you guys are so lucky! you'll get to meet your little ones so soon!

Saw my doctor today and said because of my weight gain (10 kilos) and size of baby I'll have to do the glucose test in 3 weeks time - i remember reading about you all doing it - now it's my turn! ugh.

Just finished reading Tracy Hogg's "Secrets of the Baby Whisperer" and am moving on to Gina Ford's "Contented Baby" - They both say to have the entire nursery ready with the cot made and all the equipment unwrapped and ready-to-go by at least 36 weeks! I guess you never know when you'll go into labor at that point!

Although I am sure the days after birth will be busy, do try to have the husbands post some sort of announcement once bubs start making their arrivals!

tinks is offline Registered User

Katie - I have the Maclaren Techno XT and bubs can lie totally flat in that.

Kirstin - For my diabetes test I didn't have to drink that vile drink, I just had my bloods taken. I'm also reading BW and now on to GF. I kept putting GF down as I found it too regimented, however, people have said it's worth reading as you can pick the useful bits out of it. I often read it when I'm awake at 3am due to bubs kicking.....the book soon sends me back to sleep again ;-)

nino is offline Registered User

I had my gestational diabetes test last week; had my blood drawn, drank a very sweet, warm drink and then waited two hours to have my blood drawn again. If you have to do this, I suggest you bring a book and ipod. It was so early, there was not much to do outside the lab - except maybe eat, which I couldn't do. Thankfully, my results were fine!

PregnantHK is offline Registered User

Katie..we bought a Quinny Buzz (although I'm still waiting for it to arrive from UK!). I chose this one as it has a carrycot for newborn which is the closest thing I could find to a crib on wheels! - I'm determined to train him/her to sleep while I'm out and about in my local area (not sure how practical it will be in Central Hong Kong although it's not a big pram compared to some). Anyway, I've read quite a few really good reviews about it from HK mums and also some mixed feedback- I don't think there's such a thing as the perfect stroller.

ps - Emma...agree Gina Ford book is a great cure for insomnia. For anyone who's considering following her methods I have 3 mummy friends in UK who are absolutely adamant that the routines work and baby sleeps 7 hours straight after 4-6 weeks - sounds almost too good to be true doesn't it?

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

I'm reading "Baby whisperer" - it's great, I'm getting SOOO many good ideas... things that I "know" but I'm sure I'd forget... I've had the benefit of a baby in the house when I was 16 (my sister) so I do remember a lot of it - the screaming in the night time and not wanting to settle and all that... but I wasn't the MAIN care taker so I know it's not exactly the same...

I want to read the Gina Ford book too, haven't yet...

7807 is offline Registered User

Love the baby whisperer! I swear it was my life line last time round and it just makes so much sense once all the fun begins. I have reread it in anticipation of gaining some more control over sleeping this time (ie getting more of it myself). When I think back to Zoe first months I can see there is so much stuff we could have been doing to encourage sleep. I have also just picked up another of her books called 'The baby whisperer solves all your problems'. This is great too and has some really clear guidelines for the first months- clear but not too prescriptive. I was quite afraid of GF but have to say that it did come in as a handy reference on the days I felt like eveything was falling apart around me (don't worry this didn't happen very often). I'll bring the other baby whisperer book next gathering.

simoneb is offline Registered User

Hi Everyone,

I enrolled yesterday for a special Yoga Session at Pure Yoga calles "Ready to Push" :). Wanted to see if anyone else is joining? There is a total of 4 sessions, the first one starting this Thursday...
    http://www.pure-yoga.com/en/hongkong...p?event_id=352

Scroll to top