Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 8 of 57 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Due Oct-Dec 08??

sasha2 is offline Registered User
    Hello there, I am also due early Oct with my first. Great to see other mums-to-be here :) This is my 10th week now and I am still feeling very nauseous and very sensitive to smells...still trying to find foods I can eat without feeling uncomfortable after. Also belly is starting to show a little.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    Congrats Maza and Sasha!! It seems like a lot of us October due date people are first timers!!

We'll have to try and get a lunch date or something happening sometime. Is anyone else interested??

PurpleFlower is offline Registered User
    Sounds good! Tuesdays, Thursdays or Fridays are usually better for me, though it can sometimes change....

One other thing, does anyone have a full-time job here? Just wondering, if you've sent in your notice about your pregnancy yet? What did you write? I think I need to send mine in soon since I've now reached my 12 weeks but "Hey, I'm pregnant" doesn't quite seem right..!?! Any advice?

ninahh is offline Registered User
    hey evryone, would love to join you guys. i am almost 10 weeks now and due date is 17 th of oct. i am feeling totally fine ( you gonna hate me :-) ) no sickness at all, no pain, just a little tired. still can't believe I am really pregnant. we went to an ultrasound last friday and there were already tiny arms to be seen...
    my husband loved it and wants to come with me now every time.
    I am with Dr Tsai in Advendtist Hospital. and thank god i have a great insurance which covers everything.
    i would like to start some maternity yoga or any exercise, any good ideas???
    Btw i live in bel air and have been in hk for 2 1/2 years. my husband and i are both from germany, but we love hong kong that much, dont want to go back
    nina

tinks is offline Registered User
    Maza - Congrats on seeing the HB

PF - Good luck for your 12 week scan today. I'm not working so I can't help you on the 'how to tell work that you're pg' thing.

Nicole - Have a fun time in Shanghi.

Nina & Sasha - Congrats on your pregnancies and welcome to the thread.

I'm still suffering from the m/s and I'm 11+5 today - when will it ever end??? Not sure if I'm showing or not? Think I may have got a little tummy from all the eating I'm doing trying to keep the nausea at bay!

PurpleFlower is offline Registered User
    IT'S A BOY!!!!! We saw "signs" of it being a boy and the doc said he reckons there's a 60-70% chance that it's a boy! Was quite shocked how the baby looked so different from our previous scan (of a blob!)....eventhough I'd been reading all the sites with all the pics of "baby at week 12" etc.

Tink - I'm afraid I can't help with the m/s either as I didn't suffer from any. The mild nausea that I had on some ocassions when I went on the bus appears to have gone now... I've heard most women get over m/s by the end of the first trimester... So, hopefully, not long to go!!!

Ninahh - Have you been exercising regularly before pregnancy? Any yoga/cardio? I'm actually an instructor at a studio called mYoga. They have classes like restorative yoga, women's yoga, stretch that may be suitable. If you are looking for cardio and strengthening, they have a programme called "Bodyvive" as well. Of course, other gyms may well provide similar classes, mYoga is just the one I know well! If you'd like to know more, do let me know.

PF

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    I need to figure out how/when to tell my bosses - I currently am working two part time jobs, teaching English... I haven't told my bosses yet. I was planning to around week 13. That way they should have some warning before I start to show ;) lol - one of my jobs, I JUST started though - signed the contract last week and haven't even done my first shift yet!! But the pay is $350 an hr, so I'm gonna try to work as long as possible!!

Nina - welcome!!

Oh and about lunch - at the moment, any day is good for me. I only work on Saturdays for another few weeks... then I'll be working maybe 2 weekdays... definitely Monday, not sure what else...

I've been thinking about maternity yoga but I haven't looked into it or anything yet...

ninahh is offline Registered User
    PF, yes i have been working out almost every day. but haven't done anything for the last two months. i would love to know some more about that plave you've mentioned.
    Wow, a boy! Congratulations!
    nicolejoi, I am an English teacher too. I work full time in a kinderkarten, and I have told them already. they were very happy for me and it was no problem at all. where do you work?
    lunch always sounds great but as i have to work everyday i could be a little difficult for me.

Page 8 of 57 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Scroll to top