Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 9 of 57 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Due Oct-Dec 08??

tinks is offline Registered User

PF - Wow, a boy - congrats!! You can start thinking of names now.

Nicole - I'm going back to the UK after Easter for a few weeks but would be up for lunch when I'm back (mid April).

I haven't done any exercise, except walking, since I've been pg - I've just felt too rough. Am hoping that as I get into the 2nd tri I'll feel better and I can do some gentle hikes and pilates. I've tried yoga before but I'm such a non bendy person I find it really difficult - I s'pose if I persevered I would become more bendy - lol!

Hello to everyon else xxx

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

PF - I totally missed your post yesterday when I was posting!! You must have been posting at the same time as me!! Congrats on finding out it's a boy!!

I'm not 100% sure if I want to find out what we're having... In some ways, I'd like to do it the "old fashioned" way and just find out when I give birth... but my hubby TOTALLY wants to find out, so we probably will ;)

My flexibility is all over the place - my arms are SO flexible, I could bend them into just about any shape - but my legs are SOOOOOO inflexible... I think something like yoga would probably help that and get me feeling better all around!!

Nina - I work for two companies at the moment, but the work is exactly the same. I work for PolyEd Int - they teach the Hooked on Phonics course... and we've just signed a contract with Parsons Music to teach the course there as well - so I'll be employed BY Parsons and teaching at their centres, traveling a bit... PolyEd is based in Causeway Bay so it's really convenient for me (I live in North Point)

For all you people who work, do you work in Central or where? Maybe we could do lunch in Central and that way, we could meet up even though some of us are working. Should we plan the first one for mid April when Tinks is back? That's only really 3 weeks away, I suppose!!

tinks is offline Registered User

Nicole - I'm not back until 19th April so if that's too late, don't worry I'll catch up with you all at the next meet up. I did laugh about your uber flexible arms - I have a very strange image in my head ;-)

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

You know all those arm stretches? They do nothing for me - I think I must be double jointed or something!! I can put my arm around my head and touch my ear - like, if it's my right arm, I can reach my right ear lol

Anyways ;) I can't touch my toes though ;)

I don't mind meeting before mid April, I don't mind waiting either. Whatever is best for everyone else!!

mazamarie is offline Registered User

PF- congrats on finding out its a boy, very exciting!!!

Lunch sounds like a great idea count me in. I'm not working so any day is good for me. looking forward to meeting everyone.

MamanV is offline Registered User

1st baby in October!

Hi everyone!
    I am now 11 weeks pregnant, baby due on the 11th October.
    I've got to tell you the whole story!
    I discovered I was pregnant only 10 days ago because mid-January I was told by Lucy Lord (apparently the OB all the expats go to) that I would probably never have children without starting the whole fertility treatment (she saw on the scan that there was something wrong with my ovaries)
    You can imagine that when I started feeling sick, the last thing I thought of was being pregnant; I waited 4 weeks before going to the doc and have blood tests (I thought my body was reacting to a kind of breakdown due to the sterility news and tiredness from work, etc).
    Miracle, I found out I was pregnant and one week later I was looking at my baby at another gynaecologist's (of course!). The most incredible though is that I was already 2 weeks pregnant when I had the appointment with Lucy Lord.
    Anyway, here I am, pregnant and happy!

Have you seen your baby yet? Madness at 10 weeks, you can see everything, head, limbs, heartbeat!

MamanV is offline Registered User

By the way, we do want to find out if it's a boy or a girl, and we wish it's a girl!

PurpleFlower is offline Registered User

Hi guys! Just a word of warning, with the increased level of a hormone called relaxin floating around in your body (it helps you to open up in preparation for the birth), you might find yourself more flexible than usual. Don't be tempted to push too much! Cos of this hormone, it is possible for you to stretch too far and, without knowing it, you risk stretching the ligaments in your joints and ligaments are not able to repair themselves!!! Hence, you'll end up with unstable joints!

It's all good with yoga, but you need to know your limits. Yoga can help you to relax and learn breathing techniques. Exercise in general can help you with fitness and strength.

I best stop now. Give me a topic on fitness and I can go on forever!!!

Nina, I'll PM you more about mYoga. I feel a little uncomfortable advertising it publicly! :P

Page 9 of 57 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Scroll to top