Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Travelling With Twins

flingalimb is offline Registered User

Travelling With Twins

hallo.. me and my partner are to travel to HK with our 7month old twins, however it appears that most hotels find it difficult to accomodate us with two cots..
    wondering if anyone has any recommendations for decent yet cheap (we are travelling on NZD) hotels who might be able to help..
    much appreciated!
    \
    alex

Seb's Dad is offline Registered User
    hi alex
    here is an option:
    1) get a room with double beds, slide the mattress off the bed and set the pack n plays on the boxspring.

if the hotel is being snooty about providing you two pack and plays let me know, i could lend you one.

alternatively, if you are still swaddling, and are travelling soon, could the kids share a cot? put bedding in between them? mine never moved much when we swaddled them.

good luck

somebodyfamous is offline Registered User
    which hotels did you approach? I"m curious to know which hotel would refuse a two cot request. Please let me know as I know some people in the hotel industry and I might be able to help.

I think 7 months is too old to swaddle, mine were breaking free from swaddles at around 5 months and they LOVED to be swaddled...

RebeccaMB is offline Registered User
    we experienced something similar when our family (M&D, 4yo and 11mth old twins) had to stay in a hotel for a few days before we moved. some hotels actually said we'd need 2 rooms for 5 ppl ... even when i explained 3 were children 4 & under. "you tell me how to do 2 adults and 3 little kids in two seperate rooms!!!) We finally got one room, but again they would only give us 1 crib (a proper wood crib), ("too little space for fire hazard") ????? but we brought our packnplay and fit in just fine ... wasn't much room to "move" around, but good enough ... and that's the nice thing w the packnplay .. it folds up into a corner .... mind u since the crib was a small one we could have EASILY have fit two in the room w space to move around ... i just gave up fighting ... (plus one bub ended up with us --and the 4yo in the kingsize bed anyhow). we ended up staying in shatin (but that was a good location for us ... NOT for anyone wanting to be "in town") Good Luck!!

flingalimb is offline Registered User
    thanks guys..
    i have emailed a few hotels, ie dorset seaview, langham and a couple of others that escape me now.. but they stated that there was to be just one cot per room.. ah well...
    i think we will have to bunch them up together.. just hoping that the cots are big enough for two!
    we abandoned the swaddling a few months ago as the girls are such flappers..
    thanks!

turtle is offline Registered User
    We used our larger suitcase once for one baby out of desperation and it worked a treat! It didn't take up as much room as a cot in the room too! The YWCA can hire you a cot, perhaps you could ask the hotel to contact them to arrange another for you - don't see why you should be running around after it.... Good luck, hope you enjoy your stay.

Neha is offline Banned
    YWCA does rent out cots, but u need to have it picked up and no beddings are given