Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Something Blocking Chest

tet
    tet is offline Registered User

Something Blocking Chest

Hi Everyone. I am on my 22nd week and have started feeling something on my chest. At first, I thought it's just acid reflux and I feel relieved when I burp. But for two days now, I'm feeling that my esophagus is somehow blocked (something pushing up) that swallowing food or just drinking water is not so easy as before. Is this the baby pushing my lungs or should I be alarmed? I don't want to go running to a doctor everytime I feel something and this time, I know this is not really life threatening so I am thinking maybe some of you have experienced this and would recommend something to help me be more comfortable. Btw, I just recovered from suspected mumps (didn't see a doctor, I'm afraid I could just spread the virus if I go out). Thanks in advance for your replies.

rani is offline Administrator
    Sorry I missed your msg. How are you doing? If you're feeling pain or uncomfortable I would recommend you see a Dr. There is nothing to be embarrassed about it. Our bodies are changing and everyone's responds differently.

tet
    tet is offline Registered User
    Thanks Rani. I am feeling better, although I still have occassional bouts with chest discomforts, it's not as bad as when I first wrote about it. I'm seeing a doctor tomorrow and will ask about risks also of the current flu epidemic on preggies like me. Thanks again.