Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hotel in Tokyo for children

chubbysan is offline Registered User

hotel in Tokyo for children

hi

can anyone recommend a child-friendly hotel in tokyo. we r in midst of planning our holiday in japan, n wondering which hotel to select. we have a 1.5yr old & 4yr old kids, so hoping to find a convenient and child-friendly hotel with a bigger hotel room to accomodate 4 of us.

thanks!

koala226 is offline Registered User
    where in tokyo do you plan to stay ? I am a japanese lived in tokyo till january.

The Penninsula has beautiful rooms with a sofa bed (additional cost though) located in the best area in Tokyo. Safe, clean, lot's of shopping, tons of restaurants, huge toy store...etc.

Grand Hyatt is at a convinient location but the standard rooms are small. Lot's of restaurants and shops at the mall connected to the hotel. There is also a small park I used to take my son.

Century Hyatt, not a convenient location but room sizes are larger than the Grand Hyatt.

Park Hyatt, good rooms, good food good service but bad location.

Westin, nice rooms but small, good location with a mall, McD, drug stores, lot's of restaurants.

Considering the age of your children, my first choice would be the Grand Hyatt with an upgrade.

hi koala266,

we do not have any particular place in mind, prob Shinjuku since recommended by our agent. now we were offered 2 choices, Hyatt Regency or Keio Plaza. Any comments?

We planning to bring the kids to Disneyland and Sanrio Puroland, and probably Fuji-Q land if we have the time. Is Shinjuku a good location to access to the above attractions?

thanks!

cxflygirl is offline Registered User
    Would recommend the new Ritz-Carlton Tokyo in Roppongi. Rooms are massive even if its not a suite. Your right above the train so its very convenient.

Is Roppongi easily accessible to everywhere? i know is above the train station, do i need to change multiple train to reach disneyland & sanrio puroland?

thanks for yr help!

joshsmum is offline Registered User
    I stayed at both Roppongi and Shinjuku during our recent stay and personally I loved Roppongi alot more. I think the area would be a lot more appealing especially if you have children than Shinjuku. I found Shinjuku too busy and a little seedy at night. Roppongi on the other hand was just beautiful day and night.

We stayed at the Grand Hyatt in Roppongi and liked it very much. A tip I found out before hand was to join the Hyatt Gold Passport (http://goldpassport.hyatt.com/gp/en/index.jsp) as you get better rooms and other little things. It's free to join on the website above and then note the passport number when booking.

It's easy enough to change lines on the Metro to get on the right line to places if Roppongi isn't as direct as other stops. Did you check out the metro website (here's the metro map: http://www.tokyometro.jp/global/en/s...outemap_en.pdf).

I loved Tokyo - can't wait to get back there!!

Belinda

joshsmum is offline Registered User
    I just re-read your post above about Shinjuku - we stayed at the Hyatt Regency there too. I found the rooms to be pretty dated (and fairly small too) and the hotel was out of the way from everything else - you have to catch the free shuttle bus or walk about 10 mins to Shinjuku itself. It does have a metro stop closer to the hotel (Nishi-Shinjuku) however this line was a pain to get to other places on.

Much preferred the Grand Hyatt and Roppongi, we wished we had of stayed there the whole trip instead of changing hotels. We only did this to get to experience two different parts of the city.

Belinda

joannek is offline Registered User
    totally agree with pregnant_bel. she said everything i wanted to say about Hyatt Regency & Keoi Plaza. i recommend grand hyatt at rappongi hill. big mall downstairs, and loads of restaurants. altho not many children shops.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast