Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tips for breastfeeding in pubic?

mosmom is offline Registered User
    hmmm, depends how you look at it i often laugh with my daughter when she messes a bit. plus, you don't really have to care too much since it's a trip AND it can keep little ones busy on a long-haul flight just make sure that you don't try NEW foods on a trip as you might not know how your baby will react to it..

Nashua852 is offline Registered User
    Sorry just saw your reply! Dymocks is a bookshop although you can order it online from the guides website: www.prampushers.com

Lots of great tips there too! Take Care and Good Luck!

LLL_Sarah is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanmom View Post
    BTW, for the tea breaks, do I need to pre-register?
    No need to pre-book - just turn up with the baby on the day. If you want directions call one of the numbers on the web site at http://www.lllhk.org/Meetings.html

Best wishes,
    SARAH
    La Leche League Leader
    www.lllhk.org

joannek is offline Registered User
    i personally found th blankets provided by the plane too warm for covering for nursing.

yes, do request an aisle seat, it's a lot easier to nurse. i actually fell asleep nursing my baby on one flight. lucky it was after meal time & no carts were being pushed around.

barbwong_130 is offline Registered User
    When my last daughter was a baby we did loads of flying – averaging one flight a month. I found using a mayawrap sling was very helpful (but she was use to being carried in this sling already). It worked well at both keeping her close to me so I didn’t feel I had her in my arms all the time (although I did) and also lots of spare fabric to cover over while breastfeeding.

Jeanmom is offline Registered User
    Thanks mosmom, Nashua852 and LLL_Sarah.

joannek: Thank you for your advice.

barbwong_130: I am more used to taking her in a snap and go than in a sling since she still falls asleep in her car seat very often. If I end up leaving the country early, I might carry her in a sling so I can free my hands for the luggages. From your experience, did you find traveling with an infant by yourself manageable?

If anyone knows where nursing/mother rooms are available in any shopping malls besides Grand Century, please let me know. I appreciate any inputs.

joannek is offline Registered User
    there's another thread on nursing rms in HK malls. to name a few: IFC (in central); times square 9th floor; times square lane crawford 1st floor, bathroom behind the ceramics section, there's comfy chair in a separate part of the bathrm; airport (which is not a mall); disneyland (not a mall either!). i think they have one in pacific place, the newly renovated bathroom next to lane crawford home (across the lifts). but then starbucks are all over the place, where you can comfortably nurse. in fact, i think if you can find somewhere to sit down comfortably, nobody cares if you're breastfeeding (at least in most places on HK island).

fairy-godmother is offline Registered User
    Jeanmum,
    have you check out the articles on Geobaby, there's a great article about where to breastfeed and change-a-baby-in HK. The details are pretty update, check it out:
    http://www.geobaby.com/articles/baby...y-in-hong-kong

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast