Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Flu Shots

snagito is offline Registered User

Flu Shots

Hi All

Saw our doctor for a regular appointment this morning and she suggested in light of the two recent incidents reported in the news (of children contracting a fatal version of the flu) that we should take flu shots.

Have most of you given your LO's flu shots already? I know they don't necessarily protect against all strains of the flu etc etc but this sounded a bit alarming. Grateful for all opinions. Thank you!

AnpanBaby is offline Registered User
    i'm also considering taking my LO for the flu shots. Anyway, in case the info is useful, small children needs 2 shots (half dose each time instead of a full dose at one time) and there's also a lead time for the shots to work.

Quote Originally Posted by snagito View Post
    Hi All

Saw our doctor for a regular appointment this morning and she suggested in light of the two recent incidents reported in the news (of children contracting a fatal version of the flu) that we should take flu shots.

Have most of you given your LO's flu shots already? I know they don't necessarily protect against all strains of the flu etc etc but this sounded a bit alarming. Grateful for all opinions. Thank you!

MeowMeow is offline Registered User
    My eldest one had her flu shot past December. Our doc suggested because we also have a little one at home. So it's recommended to get it if you have two kids and one of them is going to school.

HTH

chubbysan is offline Registered User
    but now may seem abit late to take the shot. I rem our dr did mention that the shot is best taken b4 the winter season start.

pls advie if otherwise.

Neha is offline Banned
    Yes we were also told by my Doctor in December that it was late to take the flu shot then, So I am going to call my doctor and check if it is ok to give them now

Sage is offline Registered User
    Yes, that's right. I also recalled something about new flu vaccines coming out every October. That's the best time to get the shot - when the new vaccines are out. I used to work in HKU and I remember that it's around that time (Oct/Nov) when we are encouraged to get the new flu shot - it's free, from the campus clinic.

Neha is offline Banned
    Just called the Dr and they said we need to order the shots as they are running low in nos. as this will be his 1st time so 1st shot on Tuesday and 2nd after four weeks.

madaboutCows is offline Registered User
    My two have just had their 2nd doses. The first one they had mid January and the Dr said that next year it would be better to come earlier as we were a little late. However, in yesterdays Standard it said that they anticipated the flu season to last alot longer this year due to the longer winter period. HTH.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast