Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Grobags

fairy-godmother is offline Registered User
    i started using grobag when my daughter was only a few months old, excellent investment. it saved me from changing & washing her clothes when she felt sick and vomited all her milk at night. She have a habit of putting her legs on top of the blankets at night so only grobag could make sure she's warm at night. and yes, she knows it's bed time.

Clowe is offline Registered User
    thanks, ladies, for all your very helpful replies... you've made my decision a very easy one! that will be the next tick on my list!

in terms of the thickness level of the grobags, i guess that depends on how warm/cool you keep the nursery. we're told that 18 degrees is ideal for a baby...?

joshsmum is offline Registered User
    I've looked at these recently too and wasn't sure what tog to get. Obviously 2.5 tog is for winter - but I wasn't sure whether to get a 1.0 tog or 0.5 tog for the rest of the HK year? I was leaning towards a 1.0 tog as we'd have the apartment air conditioned.

Any suggestions on the most suitable tog to get??

:

PregnantBel - I think there's a previous thread on this forum on this tog issue (what tog to use when) which you may want to look at... But if anyone has any other/updated ideas, please let us know!

Also, do all you moms/mums out there use grobags for all sleep times including daytime naps?

And I assume that in the first several weeks at least, you'd still have to swaddle your baby in a comfy blanket as they like to be swaddled in the early days... so grobags starting only after a few months is probably what most of you have done?

joshsmum is offline Registered User
    Thanks Clowe, I've checked out those older threads.

kashismum is offline Registered User
    I used/use grobags for all daytime naps as well as for nighttime.
    I have a variety of togs for a variety of weather and layer up as necessary plus balance with a/c or heater.
    My daughter was swaddled for 2 weeks before she went in a bag and my son loved to be swaddled for more than 4 months! Once they kicked off the swaddle, it's been grobags for us.
    My daughter stopped wearing one at 18 months when she went into a toddler bed and I felt it to be dangerous because she couldn't walk properly.
    I have some used bags to pass on actually.

Thanks for sharing, Kashi'smum! Very helpful info :-)

MilkMonster is offline Registered User
    hi clowe, just wanted to add that we too use the grobag. for the first year we only had the 2.5 tog bag and would let our son sleep naked (nappy only) in the summer. this year we just bought a 1.5 tog. our son is 14mths and loves the grobag, infact, he will start rubbing his eyes as soon as he gets zipped in! We use it for all naps/bedtime and found it very helpful when we travel because its something familiar and comforting for him. we will definitely be using them for No.2 :)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast