Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Night Nurse

josoo is offline Registered User

Night Nurse

My friend, who's just landed/relocated from Oz, needs a night nurse. Does anyone have any recommendations? It'll be from 7pm till 7am the next morning.

fairy-godmother is offline Registered User
    please ask your friend to try this site: http://www.thenannyexperts.com/

elizaveta is offline Registered User

Donna Cheung

I could HIGHLY recommend Donna Cheung. My daughter kept on waking up 8 to 10 times a night (!!) for 6 months. Donna ended up spending 3 nights per week with us and this is the only reason we kept alive (or mentally sane in any case). She is actually managing the night nurse company. She also used to be head of Mathilda Maternity unit before, her English is excellent (and so is her sense of humour!).
    Tomorrow my daughter will turn 1 year old and Donna is a guest of honour.
    Her mobile: 9277 96 96.

josoo is offline Registered User

Night nurse

Thank you very much!!!

Debby Seow is offline Registered User

Donna Cheung - Masina Community Midwifery Services

Just chanced upon this thread and want to second elizaveta's recommendation of Donna's services. (Although I know my reply is a little late to be of help to josoo, i hope this can be of assistance to any mothers who visit this thread.) Donna is an excellent help. She helped me in many areas including baby's sleeping, settling baby, feeding and nutrition etc. She is very knowledgeable and her advice works for me and the baby, which is why I highly recommend her. A real plus is that she is very easy-going and converses very well in English.

1stimemum is offline Registered User
    i know this is an old link but I'm just curious. what exactly does a night nurse do at night especially if I intend to breastfeed?

Since I have to be up feeding the baby, how would a night nurse help? I dont know if i can pump enough initially for her to help me?

I've called up to enquire about night nurse services but I'm still on the fence, apparently due to high demand, i'll need to make a decision fairly soon.

any 1st hand experiences please?

ps i'm due in 8 weeks.. I AM SO SO EXCITED!:yeah2

carang is offline Registered User
    personally, i think it's a waste of money. there are so many other things you can/could use it for....

if you have a husband that is willing to lend a hand, then you shouldn't have any problem.

the biggest thing you MUST remember is.... sleep when the baby is sleeping... forget dishes, cooking, cleaning... concentrate on getting enough sleep. it's only for the first 10-12 weeks anyway that babies can wake often. if hubby can assist by changing the nappy and then you bf, it makes it much easier.

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User
    I don't think it's a waste of money, I think it was actually the best investment in my sanity that I have ever made. But then I had twins (and already a 2 1/2 year old, who's a perfect sleeper) and we lived in the States with no family and no help. It was expensive, but for us it was worth it. I never sleep during the day, just can't, and I couldn't with 3 kids in the house, so getting sleep overnight was important, also for my husband since he works 12 hours a day.

It depends on your situation, and what it's worth for you. I know twins moms who had night help here in HK as well. I didn't need it with my first, but she was an extremely easy child, good sleeper (big baby, not sure that helped) but that doesn't go for everybody. Just see how it goes, how you handle and cope and take it from there. We paid US$25 per hour in the States, we used her from 3-10 weeks old. Then they only woke up once.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast