Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Dr. Paul C.W. Leung

miao is offline Registered User

Dr. Paul C.W. Leung

Has anybody used Dr. Paul Leung (with Premier Medical Centre in Central Building) as their paediatrician and if so, could you share your experience with him? Also, how much is his consultation fee?

My OB (Dr. Christine Choy) recommended him but we'd like to hear some patient experience before making the decision.

Thanks in advance!

hk5170 is offline Registered User
    hi,
    my 2 daughters (5months and 19months) are seeing him. they both like him, as he is very kind to children and knows how to best handle them even when sick and kranky.

what i like about him also is that he takes time to explain everything well and in detail. that surely builds our trust in him.
    the clinic is nice and the nurses great.

hope this helps!
    v

Thanks a lot, hk5170! Could you also share information about his consultation fees? As he's out-of-network for our insurance purposes (so coverage is limited), we'd like to know how expensive he is before going ahead. Thanks again!

mrstee is offline Registered User
    Hi Miao - Our daughter who is now 4 months old, has seen Dr. Leung since her birth at the Adventist. We found him to be very positive, energetic, and great with crying and fussy babies! His clinic has a package available for all vaccinations which also includes a discounted consultation fee for each visit that is related to the vaccination. I think it works out to HK$510 for each visit plus the vaccination. The package we purchased cost about HK$11,700 but includes all her developmental checks and vaccinations up to 18 months of age. You must pre-pay the full package but you get 15% discount and 10% off on all consultations. It's hard to buy a package up-front, but we really liked Dr. Leung so for our first visit out of the hospital, we purchased it. His regular consultations for sickness are $600, if I recall correctly. BUT, he is always available to answer your questions by phone or email. He's very quick to answer either one, which is great. Saves you the consultation if you're just worried and don't think you really need to see him. I even called him once at midnight because my daughter was spitting up an unusual amount of milk and he was still very calm and helpful despite the fact that I woke him up. We highly recommend him!

Thank you so much, mrstee. Very helpful information. Yes, I was given a brochure about his package, and we'll seriously think about it!

yogamama is offline Registered User
    I was referred to Dr. Paul Leung by my gynae Dr. Stephanie Chow when i gave birth at Adventist. Since then i've been taking my son there for routine check up & jabs. His consultation fee is around $600 per visit and the medicine/vaccination is same as other private doctors.

I personally feel he is good enough but not great either which is why i only takes my son for check ups and we go to Dr. Richard Chiu when my baby is sick. The good thing about Dr. Leung is he's very positive, spends time with patient. I like the fact they have a separate well baby clinic and waiting time is usually much more bearable. being a group practice, they have enough resources so are much more efficient than single practice. Most of my friends go to Dr. Leo Chan and from what i've heard he is very good too. He gives very precise & detailed guidance and if you are a believer of natural remedy, he's definitely the pd for you. Personally I like Dr. Chiu as he really explains well and is very accommodative and caring towards his patients. He even went as far as not charging me once when he said he couldn't diagnose anything wrong with my son. The trouble is he's so popular now and you can't even find a seat at his clinic !