Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

ABC Learning Centre in Australia

bbbccc is offline Registered User

I am so disappointed to hear what is happening to this troubled childcare chain. I am from Australia and as a mother, I have used their service before. I just want to know 'what went wrong?' Is it the management? Anyone work there before or know someone who is working there? Is this group breaking-up? Any comment?

AforApple is offline Banned
    fast staff turnover always indicates that there were internal problems present...even though they are so huge, the problems just compounded until stock prices fell. Smaller private operators can close without causing such a ripple but being ABC and having many advertising campaigns made them more visual.

many many bad stories from people in the profession and within the organisation. But all must have had truths as finally the company is showing it is only as good as its foundations.

However the government will do something as too many parents rely on ABC childcare centres.

bbbccc is offline Registered User

I know someone who is thinking about teaching there. Should she turn the offer down? Will there be a change in management as a result of the recent events? How true are all those stories about low wages and bad management? How involved is Eddy in terms of the childcare operation or is that all with his wife? They are seperated, right?

aussiegal is offline Registered User
    I think people need to get some perspective. ABC is not the only company who's share price has declined dramatically forcing CEO's and directors to sell shares. They all leverage themselves as much as possible, it's how you make money so when the share price drops they are forced to sell. No biggie he's still worth a mint. People just don't like Eddy so they focus on ABC more than on the other companies going through the same thing.

I think your friend needs to find out more herself. If she finds out wages are low then she doesn't have to accept the job. No biggie. At the end of the day it is a business and unfortunately that will mean that many of the rumours are true - they will pay as little as they can get away with, they will have as few staff as is necessary and some staff will not be the best people to look after kids.

As for him and his wife getting divorced, well yeah that's to protect their assets. In the event that he does go bankrupt as long as they've been divorced one year she can keep everything under her name. So he's got to hang on for a year if it's as bad as the media would like us to believe.