Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Leaving my baby for the first time

Sage is offline Registered User

Unhappy Leaving my baby for the first time

Aargh. I have to attend a wedding next month for three to four days (the wedding lasts three days) in Kuala Lumpur. This would be the first time I'm leaving my DD alone with my helper and husband. I'm sooo worried. She's seven months and is going through the separation anxiety phase. I am her main caregiver although my helper occasionally babysits for me when I need to go to run errands, do lunch, etc. I wish I don't have to go but the wedding was planned before I even got pregnant (strange but true)! It's one of my closest friend so I really want to be there. At the same time, I feel awful leaving my baby. I know that it's probably good to get away from the baby for a few days but I feel so guilty and worried at the same time. I'm also weaning her off breastmilk so, that could be part of the reason I feel depressed about leaving her. Hormones!

Any mothers out there with the same experience and guilt? What do you do? It would be great if you can share your story.

webbman75 is offline Registered User
    Hi, I am a dad, last year i had to fly to the US to visit my grandma as she was pretty ill, my wife came with me , we were over there for a week ,it felt like a life time but it did get easier as the week went by. I am sure your BB will be fine as you said your hubby will be in around. The trip will do you good and help you practise when your bb goes to school one day :)

Sage is offline Registered User
    Thanks webbman75. I guess I should say, any moms OR dads out there with similar experiences and what did you do then? :)