Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

How soon can we take the baby out?

MilkMonster is offline Registered User
    It took me 3mths to feel confident as a new parent to go out for leisure on my own with my newborn. i too dont have a helper so other than for dr./hospital visits i was home. it was like this for a few reasons, i was excllusively pumping and had to stick to my rigorous pumping schedule which was completely not outting friendly, i had had a c-section, and my son was 1.5mth premature and our dr./QMH kept telling me to prevent sickness!! haha i was so paranoid and freaked out. I think under any other circumstance i would have been able to go out earlier but at the time i was just so tired - my son hardly slept those few months in the beginning. I think the decision is definitely up to you and what you're comfortable with :) As long as you're ok with it, go out!! lol i find in hk people just stare regardless, just ignore them and don't let it stop you from enjoying your time out with baby :)

fairy-godmother is offline Registered User
    I started taking my bb out when she was 1 month old & we were both very happy. As previously mentioned by other experience mothers, as long as you're comfortable with what you're doing and everything under your control then there's nothing to worry about.
    I think the main reason why people looked at you in IFC is because there's usually not many children around there during weekdays especially during office hours since there's hardly any children's shops in the mall except zara that sells a bit of children's clothing.

capital is offline Banned
    It is fine to take your baby out once you are feeling up to it. We were in HK when my baby was 3 months old and I rarly saw any babies except in the weekend, and virtually never ever saw young babies, we got LOTS of attention. I think it is because people are always drawn to young babies, and in HK you hardly ever see them. I am not sure if it is cultural or if it is because people have to back to work so early.

Konradsmom is offline Registered User
    I get the feeling that generally people like babies, at least I find myself looking at other people's babies a bit more , now that I have my own. I think the attention is well-meaning, even if a bit odd sometimes. won't worry too much about it.

There are lots less babies on week days out in HK probably because many motherws have to work, and helpers do not take babies out on their own until they are much older.

adahc is offline Registered User
    Thank you very much for your replies. I feel much better already!!

MaiYe is offline Banned

Baby massage class (6wks old to 12mths)

Dear all moms,

Since I would like to invite a baby massageur to Serenity Club House (PoLam MTR station) to offer a consecutive 4 Saturday afternoons in May of baby massage class for 6 to 8 families (baby+mom+dad). If any mom's interested, pls pm me, thanks a lot!

cheers,
    Florence (maiye)

cicci is offline Registered User
    I took my son out from day one and he turned out fine...I know that some people may have a problem with that but as Matty said, if you don't have a helper you have to get on with your life. I had the fortune of having a huge baby so when disapproving people would ask how old he was so that they could then judge me to be an irresponsible mom, I just lied and said he was older than he actually was.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Scroll to top